Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Anyone find a way to get fullscreen exclusive mode to work? If you are in the game and when you ALT-TAB and the window pops up highlighting the game or any other programs you have running, it isn't real fullscreen mode. Non-fullscreen exclusive eats performance as it renders the desktop too while playing.

I had that with DX12, switched to Vulkan and it seemed to fix it, have seen a few times where people say vulkan is better overall, not as many dips/hitchers in performance so going to stick with that.

Also I saw a eagle pick up a rabbit and fly off so shot it and got both, so many cool little details in this game

Associate
What about my latest one? ;)

0_0.jpg
Nice 1 looks ace

Soldato
Anyone playing this on a 1080ti? What fps are you getting? (At what clocks).

I’ve been needing to re-do my loop for months and this might be the thing that makes me do it...

Soldato
Ha ha yeh I watched it too, will need to have a re think.
Doesnt make sence to me that way but will work it out.

Edit - Must be scaling on the diagonal.

well yes but I don’t think there are many people who deal purely in diagonal pixel count are there? It’s much easier to work out from either horizontal or vertical pixel count.

Soldato
Anyone find a way to get fullscreen exclusive mode to work? If you are in the game and when you ALT-TAB and the window pops up highlighting the game or any other programs you have running, it isn't real fullscreen mode. Non-fullscreen exclusive eats performance as it renders the desktop too while playing.
I’m still struggling with this one as well. Even though full screen is turned on in the settings.

Soldato

There are some incredible volumetric effects at some points and oh boy, Saint Denis looks good at night!

Soldato
BTW you can buy the game for £28 using a VPN via Ukraine :D

Connect to VPN, open the launcher, go to buy and change payment location to UK. Then pay by card. Tadaa half price RDR2.

Soldato
I was going to do this but apparently there is a potential for R* to pick up on this and ban the account?

So I paid the 55 :(

I doubt they will. What if you were actually in Ukraine when you bought it?

I used this trick to buy Witcher 3 on launch day for £12 and nothing came of it. Also a couple of steam games.

There is actually nothing in Rockstar's EULA about VPNs. Except possibly for using one to play multiplayer (3rd party program).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Out of interest; how is the transition from day to night? On the PS4 version it's almost instantaneous!

Been playing RDR 2 again on the pro over the last month and the sunset/sun rise is so much better, still rather quick but nothing like when the game first came out, way more colourful too, like gta 5 style

Also, don't know if it's just me but, the game looks sharper/cleaner on the pro.

Soldato
Can anyone answer a couple a questions?

Is it possible to use Dead Eye in 'manual' mode? At the moment when i enter dead eye it automatically tags enemies when the aiming reticle is on them with the result being that i keep shooting the same guy 3 or 4 times. It tags horses too.

Is it possible to automatically switch to 1st person on foot and 3rd person on horse?

Thanks

Caporegime
St Denis looks absolutely ridiculous, in fact the whole Bayou area looks ridiculous.
Can anyone answer a couple a questions?

Is it possible to use Dead Eye in 'manual' mode? At the moment when i enter dead eye it automatically tags enemies when the aiming reticle is on them with the result being that i keep shooting the same guy 3 or 4 times. It tags horses too.

Thanks

Yes but it comes later in the game.

Caporegime
Another +1 for the settings in that Joker vid, im on a 2070 Super so not massively dissimilar to a 1080ti and it runs so much smoother than it was before.

FPS wasn't a problem but it just didn't feel smooth, now it's as smooth as butter even if the fps hasn't massively changed. I can't say ive noticed much, if any difference to quality either.

Such a huge difference to the experience :) Its worth adding again.

Soldato
So, having been tinkering around with the graphics I think I finally found a relatively good mixture.

I'm playing on a UW 3400x1400 monitor with a Vega 64 at stock settings. On the latest Wind 10 build, but not the latest Radeon Software, I'm using 19.20 (and a bit worried to update incase it break things) and 32GB ram.

For some reason though the Video Memory in the Graphic Menu reports I have 6.903 GB, even if Vega is 8 GB ? :confused: In any case, it says I am using 3904 / 6903 MB video memory. The only thing I am not to happy about is the fact the GPU is maxed out almost constantly. :(

pRULE82.jpg

Got that by following the suggestions in the Joker Productions video that a member posted some pages back and then fine tuning it with the suggestions from Game Debates article: Red Dead Redemption 2 Most Important Graphics Options - Every Setting Benchmarked

In the spoiler below is the present settings I'm using, if anyone has any suggestions to improve things then I be more then happy to hear them ! :D

HGxoKc2.jpg

For a bit of fun I reset everything to Game Recommended Settings and then everything on the lowest possible settings. The only 'difference' between these three settings was that the Video Memory was lesser. Custom Settings 3904 - Game Recommended 3430 - Lowest Possible 2195. All that was doing was giving me 90% usage of the GPU in lowest, where in the other two the GPU was maxed out. Ohh and the Resolution Scaling was turned down to 0.75 in the custom, where in the other two it was not used.

This was just in the benchmarking though, I have not been running around in the game world with them.

Here is the benchmark results for the three different runs. Got to admit, the difference on the lowest and my settings are a bit laughable. :p

d7gkmMk.jpg

(Can provide the full screen shoot settings of lowest and game rec, if anyone want to see those too.)

Back
Top Bottom