Red Dead Redemption 2

Underboss
Been playing RDR 2 again on the pro over the last month and the sunset/sun rise is so much better, still rather quick but nothing like when the game first came out, way more colourful too, like gta 5 style

Also, don't know if it's just me but, the game looks sharper/cleaner on the pro.

Yep defo just you, either that or you have vaseline smeared in your eyes again.

Associate
For those who have completed “LENNAY!!”

CCC2-C035-7-B0-F-4665-905-A-7-C15-EA7-A281-E.jpg

Associate
So, having been tinkering around with the graphics I think I finally found a relatively good mixture.

I'm playing on a UW 3400x1400 monitor with a Vega 64 at stock settings. On the latest Wind 10 build, but not the latest Radeon Software, I'm using 19.20 (and a bit worried to update incase it break things) and 32GB ram.

For some reason though the Video Memory in the Graphic Menu reports I have 6.903 GB, even if Vega is 8 GB ? :confused: In any case, it says I am using 3904 / 6903 MB video memory. The only thing I am not to happy about is the fact the GPU is maxed out almost constantly. :(

pRULE82.jpg

Got that by following the suggestions in the Joker Productions video that a member posted some pages back and then fine tuning it with the suggestions from Game Debates article: Red Dead Redemption 2 Most Important Graphics Options - Every Setting Benchmarked

In the spoiler below is the present settings I'm using, if anyone has any suggestions to improve things then I be more then happy to hear them ! :D

HGxoKc2.jpg

For a bit of fun I reset everything to Game Recommended Settings and then everything on the lowest possible settings. The only 'difference' between these three settings was that the Video Memory was lesser. Custom Settings 3904 - Game Recommended 3430 - Lowest Possible 2195. All that was doing was giving me 90% usage of the GPU in lowest, where in the other two the GPU was maxed out. Ohh and the Resolution Scaling was turned down to 0.75 in the custom, where in the other two it was not used.

This was just in the benchmarking though, I have not been running around in the game world with them.

Here is the benchmark results for the three different runs. Got to admit, the difference on the lowest and my settings are a bit laughable. :p

d7gkmMk.jpg

(Can provide the full screen shoot settings of lowest and game rec, if anyone want to see those too.)

Mate .750 Res Scaling and only FXAA can't look very good surely? Are you using NVIDIA Sharpening?

Associate
Pretty much finished my tweaking.
Running at 3440 x 1440 on a gsync acer predator (hence max fps vsync'ed to 95)
On the rig in my sig

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone answer a couple a questions?

Is it possible to use Dead Eye in 'manual' mode? At the moment when i enter dead eye it automatically tags enemies when the aiming reticle is on them with the result being that i keep shooting the same guy 3 or 4 times. It tags horses too.

Is it possible to automatically switch to 1st person on foot and 3rd person on horse?

Thanks

Yup, it is how I play. Think it's in camera settings.

Soldato
I don't remember choosing a difficulty when I started this game? Does it not have any difficulty settings?

What is super annoying is how easy it is to fail missions. Like riding up to one of your crew and letting the horse collide with his and you fail the mission after so much effort....is way as it super annoying for the end player.

They shouldn't of made it this way as it super annoying for the end player.

Associate
I don't remember choosing a difficulty when I started this game? Does it not have any difficulty settings?

What is super annoying is how easy it is to fail missions. Like riding up to one of your crew and letting the horse collide with his and you fail the mission after so much effort....is way as it super annoying for the end player.

They shouldn't of made it this way as it super annoying for the end player.

Your use of super annoying is super annoying m8

Soldato
What is the point of online in this game?

Is it seperate to the SP part or do you need to play it to get better stuff for SP?

Thinking on getting it but not quite sure what the online part is for.

Probably a stupid question. :)

Soldato
Anybody having issues with cloud saves?
My saves are now all named the same and listed as 4.2% completed when I am 28%. However progress is the same in game just the save name.

Having a few issues today with being killed LOL
Also there is a manor down on the coast..... not a great place to visit.

Associate
Another +1 for the settings in that Joker vid, im on a 2070 Super so not massively dissimilar to a 1080ti and it runs so much smoother than it was before.

FPS wasn't a problem but it just didn't feel smooth, now it's as smooth as butter even if the fps hasn't massively changed. I can't say ive noticed much, if any difference to quality either.

Such a huge difference to the experience :) Its worth adding again.

Nice find, used these settings and I'm getting an average of 78 fps!

Soldato
I was fine at launch and now since the patches:

"Red Dead Redemption 2 exited unexpectedly".

Happens randomly and more than a few times, leading to a lot of wasted time. There's no quick save!

So in patching to fix other people's broken games, they seem to have broken mine.

I think I'll pass on this for a while now. It looks amazing, but it's a time-waster too.

Back
Top Bottom