Musty leather jacket - solution?

Soldato
Hi all. I've been given a leather bike jacket from a mate which was worn once and is like brand new and then was stored away for a couple of years. As a result, it smells a bit musty from storage. Can anyone recommend an odour eliminator which will get rid of the musty smell?

I pretty much always wear armoured textile Dainese kit 99% of the time and have a Dainese two piece leather suit as well which rarely sees the light of day. But this jacket was going free from my mate plus its plain black rather than bright colours like my Dainese suit so its much less 'in yer face' which suits me to be honest.

I've never been impressed with the likes of Febreze as it usually only masks the smell for a few days and then wears off. Any suggestions? Ta.

Associate
I've used products intended for car/sofas to remove the smell of new leather, and worked. The one from Furniture clinic is pretty good.
Agree about Febreze.

Soldato
OP
Okay, so I have had it in the washing machine on a delicate low temp wash - no spin cycle. Dried it out yesterday and today. Then applied Carr & Day & Martin Belvoir conditioner after cleaning it lightly with Autoglym leather cleaner. And its came up like brand new and smells much, much better.

Chuffed.

Back
Top Bottom