First build in 8 long years -- £1100 budget

Associate
Everything has been ordered. Now to wait till 30th October for the fun to begin :D:D
Hi, did you received, what did you order in the end exactly and I'm guessing, you're putting together by yourself. I'm looking to buy something around the same budget but waiting for black friday first.

Associate
OP
Hi, did you received, what did you order in the end exactly and I'm guessing, you're putting together by yourself. I'm looking to buy something around the same budget but waiting for black friday first.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £934.57 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Not from OCUK:
Sabrent 1TB Rocket M.2 SSD -- £109.99
Crucial Ballistic Sport LT 3200MHz 2x8GB --£75.59

I ended up going with this in the end.

Performs beautifully so far. I've been playing CoD: Modern Warfare at on max settings and it doesn't even break a sweat.

I'm waiting for Black Friday to pick up a new monitor. Need something to compliment the build :D

Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £934.57 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Not from OCUK:
Sabrent 1TB Rocket M.2 SSD -- £109.99
Crucial Ballistic Sport LT 3200MHz 2x8GB --£75.59

I ended up going with this in the end.

Performs beautifully so far. I've been playing CoD: Modern Warfare at on max settings and it doesn't even break a sweat.

I'm waiting for Black Friday to pick up a new monitor. Need something to compliment the build :D
Nice, I was wondering if it's noisy after playing for a few hours, I hate the noise from my laptop.

Associate
OP
Nice, I was wondering if it's noisy after playing for a few hours, I hate the noise from my laptop.

Not more noise than expected really. Just the gentle whirring of the fans.

I have recently adjusted the fan curve for the GPU, so it's a little louder than stock now.

Associate
Soldato
Are these worth Patriot Viper 4 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, for the price of 55£
Rather than Crucial Ballistic Sport LT 3200MHz 2x8GB --£75.59?

That Patriot Ram would be fine. You can always mess around with overclocking it if you want. There is handy tools such as Ryzen dram calculator that make it a lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom