Battlefield 6

Soldato
Original BF2 was a mind blowing online experience and not rose tinted goggles either, a genuine 64 player experience which to this day is still to be matched. A great time to be alive :D

Special forces with zip lines and grapple hooks, nothing has ever come close to amount of fun had with them and night maps with night vision

I don't think we're ever going to see anything like it any more though, developers want to try their hardest to recreate the wheel when it comes to making sequels when all fans want is a carbon copy with better graphics, BFV could have been something special, all DICE had to do was clone BF1942 and throw on modern graphics and it would have been a success instead we got a terrible mess, I imagine the next BF is equally going to be as terrible, likewise with the Battlefront games

Soldato
Peaked at BF3/4 for me, haven't played any since BF4. I still regularly load of BC2, BF3 and BF4. I don't need another battlefield game, I'll just keep playing the oldies as long as they're around.

Soldato
Actually think the new content for BFV puts it ahead of BF1. Not a high bar in all honesty.

1942 + DC. What an utter time sink and many good friends made playing that mod.

Then followed by BF2 - Karky (strike at Karkand)

No beef with Vietnam, and I would hope there would be some new content themed on this.

Caporegime
bf4 was the last great battlefield game. you wont see it good again. once companies become so large it becomes about profits you can expect your game to be diluted for the masses. that is what happened to battlefield. to sell more units it needs to be simple as possible that your anyone can win on it. there is no skill to playing it anymore so people who were proper battlefield heads just get bored instantly or dont like the new games. its a shame but just how it is with big gaming companies.

Associate
BF2 was the best game, but BF3 was still very solid.

Had to put off getting a PC last year due to other outgoings, but was tempted to get a midrange system for the new Pacific Theatre BF5 update, but opinions seem pretty divided on it.

Does anyone still play Battlefield 3 at all?

Permabanned
BFBC2 was amazing with destructible surrounding, BF3 like Crysis did not end up looking like the Alpha screens/videos but destruction was there, BF4 not as good with less deconstruction and BF5 well... (windows poo emoj is here).

Caporegime
They REALLY need to flesh it out with weapons and gadgets. The recent ones have been incredibly bare bones. It's a joke.

It's more related to the time period IMO. There just weren't that many gadgets. battlefield has been a 'gadget' heavy series, SOFLAM, Javelin etc in previous iterations. I think it misses that a little bit.

Soldato
It's more related to the time period IMO. There just weren't that many gadgets. battlefield has been a 'gadget' heavy series, SOFLAM, Javelin etc in previous iterations. I think it misses that a little bit.

I'm afraid not, since Hardline, it's a dried up series. They really need to go back to their roots in order to revive the series.

Associate

BF4 was the perfect gadget balance for me, I certainly don't want the next load out screen to look like Tarkov.
I also love the presentation of the latest COD customisation options. Just nice, clean and clear.

Soldato
Which, let's face it, isn't ever going to happen. DICE have blown it and are just another victim of EA's.
Battlefield is dead.

This is a real shame. I dread to think how many thousands of hours I have put into Battlefield over the years. BF2/BF4 were probably my favourite of the bunch but had a blast on BF2 and 2142 also.

Man of Honour
BF2 was the best game, but BF3 was still very solid.

Had to put off getting a PC last year due to other outgoings, but was tempted to get a midrange system for the new Pacific Theatre BF5 update, but opinions seem pretty divided on it.

Does anyone still play Battlefield 3 at all?
I feel this way too, I regret buying BF1, it was just a waste of money for me.

Associate
Bad Company 2, BF3 and BF1 are my favourites. I still play BF1 a lot, and BF3 from time to time. Really disappointed with BFV though, lot of ttk issues, and the maps are just a bit less memorable than previous games in the series.

Associate
Bad Company 2, BF3 and BF1 are my favourites. I still play BF1 a lot, and BF3 from time to time. Really disappointed with BFV though, lot of ttk issues, and the maps are just a bit less memorable than previous games in the series.

I never even got to play BF4, but it seems like that just built on the good things from BF3. Regarding the TTK issues and the whole 5.2 patch for BFV, I saw that Dice has come out and said they are going to tweak stuff again and remove the awful new spotting system. Any idea when this will release?

Still very tempted by BFV, as looking at the pacific maps is giving me some serious nostalgia.

Back
Top Bottom