What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Borrowed a car from a mate while I'm sorting mine out. A 2007 Clio 1.2 TCe Dynamique. It is completely crap. Power delivery is awful, it supposedly has 100HP but it feels like it has 60. The steering feel is non existant, really over-assisted steering. The controls all feel incredibly cheap and flimsy, the steering wheel is peeling and sticky, and theres a horriffic whine coming from one of the anciliiaries. Such a crap car. :p

I also think the tracking is out, and it has a dead wheel bearing. The MOT history suggests it also has two buckled wheels and an oil leak. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Borrowed a car from a mate while I'm sorting mine out. A 2007 Clio 1.2 TCe Dynamique. It is completely crap. Power delivery is awful, it supposedly has 100HP but it feels like it has 60. The steering feel is non existant, really over-assisted steering. The controls all feel incredibly cheap and flimsy, the steering wheel is peeling and sticky, and theres a horriffic whine coming from one of the anciliiaries. Such a crap car. :p

I also think the tracking is out, and it has a dead wheel bearing. The MOT history suggests it also has two buckled wheels and an oil leak. :p

And yet...it works. Unlike yours!

Caporegime
Post it in the show us your motors thread and see how many people's heads explode.

Nah. Its sort of growing on me, I feel like if it didn't have its various issues and had a pokier engine and better steering feel, I'd like it quite a lot. (i.e RS197) but as it is it is pretty poor.

Celsior troubles continue, new alternator fitted, connectors all cleaned up, and the gasket that was leaking oil onto the old alternator has been replaced. Now it is working, but not charging the battery enough. (Levels out at 11V)

Tomorrow I'll check voltage at the alternator and then if that checks out, I'll run a wire from the alternator casing directly to the negative terminal, and then a positive terminal on the battery to see if that makes it charge properly. If so, I'll know its a bad earth or a short somewhere in the loom.

Last edited:
Don
Took the Wife's Fiesta in for a service and MOT yesterday.

Passed the MOT with no advisories but faced with a list of items on the health check that need attention, including a slight leak from the water pump. Not bad considering the garage I bought it from last year assured me that the Cam Belt had been done by them.

Went to check the coolant level on it this morning (so I can keep an eye on how much it actually is leaking, until I get round to getting it done), only to find the Engine cover missing, oil filler cap resting on top of the engine, and oil everywhere...

Can't trust anyone these days :(

Soldato

Passed the MOT with no advisories but faced with a list of items on the health check that need attention, including a slight leak from the water pump. Not bad considering the garage I bought it from last year assured me that the Cam Belt had been done by them.

Went to check the coolant level on it this morning (so I can keep an eye on how much it actually is leaking, until I get round to getting it done), only to find the Engine cover missing, oil filler cap resting on top of the engine, and oil everywhere...

Wow...

That is shocking!

Permabanned

geez get back in there give it too them.

Don
geez get back in there give it too them.

My Wife took it straight back this morning, (I'd already rung them). Apologetic, they have cleaned up the oil, checked the level, refitted the engine cover, and given us a £25 discount on our next service or repair within the next year.

Still a little disappointed, as this a main dealer that I bought my car from, and have it serviced there for the last 3 years (and previously had no issues with them) :(

Caporegime
Second replacement alternator is faulty and being returned...

That now makes a total of 4 incorrect/faulty alternators bought from 3 different eBay sellers over the years, so I stand by my suggestion to not buy alternators on eBay. The first one sent by all three sellers was incorrect or faulty, and back when I had my MX5 one of the sellers sent out a replacement which was also faulty...

Caporegime
My Wife took it straight back this morning, (I'd already rung them). Apologetic, they have cleaned up the oil, checked the level, refitted the engine cover, and given us a £25 discount on our next service or repair within the next year.

Still a little disappointed, as this a main dealer that I bought my car from, and have it serviced there for the last 3 years (and previously had no issues with them) :(

Had the exact same thing with a main dealer about 15 years ago except I didn't notice for some time as it didn't have a low oil alert...

You can see where that went.

Man of Honour

Can't trust anyone these days

Sadly I'm not surprised - not had it that bad but found panels only attached by 2/3rds of the screws, storage bins just chucked into position with the bolts left loose inside, etc. etc. after servicing :(

Soldato
Seems I have a power drain issue...

Having to charge the battery at work otherwise I can't get home lol.

Replaced the battery two days ago too.

Planning on diagnosing where its draining from tomorrow. I'm hoping it's an easy fix.

Soldato
New turbo and injectors, then off to EFI for mapping :D These cars are normally good for a bit more and we did have a couple of 350bhp runs, however the torque was too high for comfort on standard internals so it was dialled back a bit to keep it safe. Still really happy with how it drives however not been able to give it the full beans yet due to the horrendous northern rain it'll spin in 3rd in the wet.

Full mods so far:
Scorpion 3” down pipe
Airtec intercooler
Engine Dynamics 20t hybrid turbo
Siemens 630 injectors
Bilsteins
Braided lines

IMgE1Xw.jpg
B1V46ly.jpg

344bhp and 352 lbft

Back
Top Bottom