LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Associate
the used display in this monitor:

LG.Display IPS LM375QW2 3840x1600 1ms G2G 1000:1
178/178
DCI-P3 98%

KSF LED 144Hz 24:10 2300R HDR 600 Q1 2020?

thats why i moved on to the PG35VQ

tear down done... all fans investigated and quiter replacements ordered :)

Man of Honour
Associate
This is probably based on the last LG Display panel update here https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/lg-display-latest-panel-development-plans-june-2019/

given there is still no sign of it anywhere, and LG have gone very quiet on it, a delay until Q1 wouldn’t surprise me at all now

I saw that article back in June. LG said at the IFA in september that the monitor would be available in november so if they had already decided back in june that they wouldn't release it until next year then they must be some delusional company in that case.

Associate
Update- LG have removed the "coming soon" and updated website with full specs as well as being listed on a well known USA website.

Release imminent?

Man of Honour
I saw that article back in June. LG said at the IFA in september that the monitor would be available in november so if they had already decided back in june that they wouldn't release it until next year then they must be some delusional company in that case.

They (LG as a monitor manuf) hadn’t decided back in June anything. Back then the expectations i had been given by LG was sept.

That’s an article about LG Display as a panel manufacturer and the information I had at the time suggested that the panel production wasn’t expected until Q1 2020 now. So if panel mass production was delayed as suggested it would explain why the monitor has still not appeared.

I’m skeptical that we will see this widely available before Christmas. If we are lucky we might see small early stock like happened with the 27GL850. And some availability for some reviews

Man of Honour
Yeah but I'm hopeful now that LG have removed the "coming soon" from the monitor page and added detailed specs of it including the UPC.
It’s a good sign but given nowhere has any firm dates, and ocuk have heard nothing (and neither have I at TFTCentral), I just can’t imagine it happening before 21st

Associate
It’s a good sign but given nowhere has any firm dates, and ocuk have heard nothing (and neither have I at TFTCentral), I just can’t imagine it happening before 21st
We'll see. The store which i've pre-ordered from says 21st and another says 26th here in Sweden so i'll probably have an update soon.

Man of Honour
We'll see. The store which i've pre-ordered from says 21st and another says 26th here in Sweden so i'll probably have an update soon.
Sweden, maybe you will see that a bit sooner. I was assuming you were in the UK before. Still skeptical personally

Associate
Sweden, maybe you will see that a bit sooner. I was assuming you were in the UK before. Still skeptical personally
I just realized that the LG UK website doesn't even have a page for the monitor. The swedish lg website has even more specs listed than the US one including the energy label.

Back
Top Bottom