Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
That's because everytime you quit the game, your graphics settings reset to windows borderless! its such a pain in the.....
I thought it was just me, bloody annoying that!

If you don't want to do the '-fullscreen' in launch options, as ceaton88 suggested this workaround seems to be working for me.

Change it to Fullscreen, then scroll down (possible have to unlock Advance Settings) then change either Water Physics Quality or Grass Level of Detail one notch on the bar. It automatically asks you to confirm with either a Restart or Yes. Just click Yes this time, then you back to the Graphic Settings again. Return the bar you just moved to it's original position and when it asks you again to confirm, then click and hold down on Restart. That has for me kept the setting locked on Fullscreen. Just tried it now and started and quit 3 times, and one of the times also went into game.

Although ceaton's suggestion probably faster. :p

Caporegime
RDR2 ran like bobbins for me initially, I’ve ditched my 4790 for a now overclocked @4,7 4790k , ditched half my RAM (which was 1600, the other 16Gb is 2400) and played about with timings etc and in story mode I’m rocking 4K at a mix of ultra , high and medium (having followed guides) and it looks fantastic and runs beautifully, happy days!

But.....

Online, I’m barely getting 25fps and usually far less, wtf? :/

Associate
I had to stop playing after 30mins as I was getting motion sickness :(

No idea what my frame rate is but must be low. What are people using to see there FPS as I couldn't see an option for one in game?

Guess I'll have to mess with graphics settings to get higher frames.

Soldato
I had to stop playing after 30mins as I was getting motion sickness :(

No idea what my frame rate is but must be low. What are people using to see there FPS as I couldn't see an option for one in game?

Guess I'll have to mess with graphics settings to get higher frames.

If you want to see fps along side cpu usage, ram usage and all that stuff then use msi afterburner
If you're a nvidia user who uses gforce experience for clip captures then you can just enable fps monitoring using that.

Associate
0_0.jpg

Possibly my favourite so far! Looks so incredibly real at times.

Soldato
Anyone have a good guide for 4k 60 please?
Not sure but if you have a look at these links, you be able to fine tune and get the settings you like best.

And then read through this article - Red Dead Redemption 2 Most Important Graphics Options - Every Setting Benchmarked

Then you can also have a look at this article, which is based on the article above. - Red Dead Redemption 2 PC – Performance Guide

That should at least help you some to get the settings you wanting.

Soldato
Anyone suffer from a crash when entering valentine? I'm not that far in, but everytime i enter it, i get a crash. Normally it will have autosaved in the town so it just wastes a few mins but its super annoying:D. Also whats up with load times, even with an nvme drive it takes a while, is it essentially loading the whole map at once?

Soldato
Hi mate, I'm on a 980ti @ 1440p and Gsync saves me tbh.

My settings are all low apart from Textures but the game still looks awesome.

2WIafBu.jpg

TVKK5e1.jpg
What kind of framerate are you getting with everything on low? It sounds like there might finally be a game that I can't get away with playing on high if you need gsync to smooth it out on low!

Soldato
Not sure but if you have a look at these links, you be able to fine tune and get the settings you like best.

And then read through this article - Red Dead Redemption 2 Most Important Graphics Options - Every Setting Benchmarked

Then you can also have a look at this article, which is based on the article above. - Red Dead Redemption 2 PC – Performance Guide

That should at least help you some to get the settings you wanting.

Thank you dude!

Do you think it will matter that I wont be using the latest nvidia game drivers ?

I've had to roll back to 436.48 as the latest ones completely break apex for me

Back
Top Bottom