The Witcher series (Netflix)

Caporegime
I wonder if they're allowed to use any game material or if they only have access to the book license. If it is successful enough and they can, it would make sense for them to continue the story.

Caporegime
https://redanianintelligence.com/20...-geralt-of-rivia-a-weapon-of-fiery-wrath/amp/

“I’m a big gamer,” Henry Cavill told the reporters of SFX magazine. “A PC gamer in particular. I played The Witcher 2 many years ago when it first came out. I played The Witcher 3 a number of times through. My gaming interests probably came from my father’s influence. He liked PCs. When we were all kids, me and my four brothers, we ended up with a table in our dining room, and much to my mother’s dismay, we turned it into a gaming table. So we had four or five PCs all linked up by local area network. And that just became part of our childhood.”

Say what you want about Cavill, but he definitely seems like the right guy for the job. I think he'll be great.

Caporegime
Release date announced as December 20th.

Damn! I've not even played the games but that looks great! :)

Need a new GoT-sorta replacement... Carnival Row was good but not even close. Last Kingdom has been awesome so far and looking forwards to the new season, but this looks like it could be very, very good!

Caporegime
Good news not that often Netflix renew a show before it releases.

The environment is different now, they need to make it work as the competition is eating into them, but it could just be that the show did well in private screening or both i suppose.

I hope it's more due to the latter though.

Caporegime
So I'm not really au fait with Netflix. I just signed up for a month trial and under The Witcher, it says "Season 1 coming on 20 December". Does this mean the entirety of the first season is available that day or do they drip feed you a new episode each week like old-fashioned TV?

Caporegime
So I'm not really au fait with Netflix. I just signed up for a month trial and under The Witcher, it says "Season 1 coming on 20 December". Does this mean the entirety of the first season is available that day or do they drip feed you a new episode each week like old-fashioned TV?

Should be the former. Some shows on Netflix come out weekly but mostly they all drop at once.

Man of Honour
Never really bothered with the games as they don't do it for me - but if they take the time and it looks like they are, this is shaping up to be a pretty awesome show that I will definitely watch.

Back
Top Bottom