• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Red Dead Redemption 2, GPU Benchmark, What You'll Need To Play!

Man of Honour
Everyone who recommended GTX 1060 6GB over the RX 580 8GB, where are you now? :D
The RX 590 is faster than a GTX 1070 :D

RDR2-Performance-RX-580.png

RDR2-Performance-RX-590.png

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/red-dead-redemption-2-benchmark-test-performance-analysis/4.html

Hooray 3 years later it is time to upgrade if you want to play at ultra setting whichever one you bought.

Also IIRC TPU tested before it came to light that presets in the game use different settings depending on GPU while it doesn't completely change the story if you look at GN and Hardware Unboxed, etc. who took that into account the results are a little different.

Soldato
Dam I am having so much fun with the PC Photo editor lol Someone in here said the Photo is miss leading to the actual game?
Well, that is totally false, sure you can tweak the image to make it look good but the game doesn't render extra all you doing is adding in blur and effects the actual game render is the same.

92393115c71645639e32e67ea127fd4bcec6d53f456c9c2193832a51547442abdb36f3ac.jpg

262712133bb215bfaac3967d16cc5aa18a7da24d40d85e39fac6bc727a5dc2ebe7696281.jpg

Soldato
Dam I am having so much fun with the PC Photo editor lol Someone in here said the Photo is miss leading to the actual game?
Well, that is totally false, sure you can tweak the image to make it look good but the game doesn't render extra all you doing is adding in blur and effects the actual game render is the same.

Not false at all. eg on pg5 you'll find the squirrel's eyes have reflections not visible in-game. There's also camera tools which further open up quality for screenshots that aren't yet possible for gameplay (otisinf). So if you ever see a screenshot that looks too good to be true then maintain scepticism.

The DF X1X settings guide:
ZrwEdoL.png

Soldato
Not false at all. eg on pg5 you'll find the squirrel's eyes have reflections not visible in-game. There's also camera tools which further open up quality for screenshots that aren't yet possible for gameplay (otisinf). So if you ever see a screenshot that looks too good to be true then maintain scepticism.

The DF X1X settings guide:
ZrwEdoL.png

If you can get close enough the reflections are there. What you see rendered is rendered in real-time, they is nothing else added LOL The camera tools just add Blur, and filters they do not add in extra rendering

The tool is in real time!

Permabanned
Hooray 3 years later it is time to upgrade if you want to play at ultra setting whichever one you bought.

Also IIRC TPU tested before it came to light that presets in the game use different settings depending on GPU while it doesn't completely change the story if you look at GN and Hardware Unboxed, etc. who took that into account the results are a little different.

People can still use the RX 580/590, it is an entry level card today and it will be fine with a bit lower settings.
GTX 1060 6GB is 17% slower with Vulkan and 29% slower with DX12.

Lol. He has been talking LoadsaRubbish lately :p

I guess TNA stands for TrollingNonstopAvailable ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
People can still use the RX 580/590, it is an entry level card today and it will be fine with a bit lower settings.
GTX 1060 6GB is 17% slower with Vulkan and 29% slower with DX12.

I guess TNA stands for TrollingNonstopAvailable ;)
If trolling equals setting all your misinformed posts straight the past few day then yes, that is what it means to you ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Happens every single time, the comparable gpu with less vram gets pumped while they are still very relevant.

Gutted, absolutely gutted, my 2070, went all space invaders on me and looking at this my 1060 3gb laptop wont play it?

Or does anyone know if it runs on reduced settings on the 3gb 1060??

As I have run it on my 2400g at 1080p on low with ~30fps, I would say yes and you should have a much better experience with a faster GPU and dedicated memory, just be realistic with settings.

Back
Top Bottom