Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Associate
Is anyone else getting this...
When playing split screen the other person isn't levelling up at all and also can't change load outs etc. Because they always stay level 1. There logged in as guest under my gamer tag on xbox does that make a difference?

Soldato
I finished all 4 Co-op missions today, the last one is a bit of a nightmare. The randoms kept dying after jumping out of the plane. Or wasting too much time getting through the plane.

I've got to the Officer ranks, unlocked a shotgun blueprint for level 56, you get an M4 blueprint at level 156.

Anyone know if you unlock any other blueprints, or are all the officer ribbons for XP?

Soldato
Loving the SCAR-H, took a while to gel with it, due to the slow rate of fire and 20 round mag - but I stuck with it and WOW what a gun! I have also finally given the spring mines a chance and they are awesome - not so great on the receiving end mind :D Had by best match on shoot house - 34 kills and 10 deaths, which is great, as I'm typically bringing up the rear in matches, with 20 odd deaths :D

Soldato
I played a few more games and I'm really enjoying it.
I've just stuck with HC KC like I've played in previous CODs. People seem to hate the maps but I quite like them. Even Piccadilly Circus isn't that bad.

Don
I played a few more games and I'm really enjoying it.
I've just stuck with HC KC like I've played in previous CODs. People seem to hate the maps but I quite like them. Even Piccadilly Circus isn't that bad.

I'm enjoying it much more now I've learnt the maps. Piccadilly is just crap if you spawn on the wrong side, it's far too easy to get trapped and it's infuriating!

Soldato
I'm enjoying it much more now I've learnt the maps. Piccadilly is just crap if you spawn on the wrong side, it's far too easy to get trapped and it's infuriating!

I *think* they've fixed that now, as you used to get hemmed in, on the street near the slot machine place - but the other night I noticed when this happened; the game spawned us the other side of the map.

Don
I *think* they've fixed that now, as you used to get hemmed in, on the street near the slot machine place - but the other night I noticed when this happened; the game spawned us the other side of the map.

Definitely was still apparent last night. It's when you're spawning down the lane with the red bus at the end, you just get pinned in. If you can get past the snipers and flankers and get in the underground car park, you can get out but the opposition tends to know this so camp there too!

Soldato
Definitely was still apparent last night. It's when you're spawning down the lane with the red bus at the end, you just get pinned in. If you can get past the snipers and flankers and get in the underground car park, you can get out but the opposition tends to know this so camp there too!

Yeah, that's the spot I mentioned - maybe we got a lucky few out then, as I certainly respawned outside of the area - after being killed umpteen times mind! Seems dumb that they released that map with such a glaring issue :rolleyes:

Soldato
If you've never played one then it's worth picking up for the SP and a bit of time in MP. The game does rather assumer you've played a fair amount of COD before, especially the MP which just dumps you in without any explanation. None of it is hard to work out but just be prepared for a bit of self-learning.

TTK is very short so you will get killed a lot as you learn the maps but it's probably the best COD for at least a few years so I'd give it a go.

Soldato
I’m struggling to decide between PS4 and PC, any idea what the player numbers are like? I know if the PC numbers tank I can plug in a controller and play with console players - but then I might as well of got the game on console initially.

Associate
I’m struggling to decide between PS4 and PC, any idea what the player numbers are like? I know if the PC numbers tank I can plug in a controller and play with console players - but then I might as well of got the game on console initially.

BTW you can play the Xbox version with mouse and keyboard :)

I had a few games over a the last few days and have enjoyed it, it's been a while since I last played FPS's with mouse and keyboard though, so I feel a bit rusty :'(

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be looking at buying it on PC at some point but not paying full price again.
I've got it for PS4 at the minute but want to be able to play by plugging in a controller on a PC when I'm away from home.

Associate

If your planning on doing cross platform with anyone, I would pick whatever they have. I've found it a bit of a PITA adding mates on PS4 with me being on PC. So I'm looking at picking up a PS4 again.

Is anyone else getting this...
When playing split screen the other person isn't levelling up at all and also can't change load outs etc. Because they always stay level 1. There logged in as guest under my gamer tag on xbox does that make a difference?

Yes, you'll need to get them to sign into Xbox as their own profile before starting up the game, then add the controller as split-screen the way you have with guest. It will then ask you to link that account with a Blizzard account in game, you then create one using their email address. The plus side is that will then transfer their MP progress to their own computer/console later if they then link that.

Soldato
Got the 1.08 update the other night, notes indicate that [amongst other things] it solves crashing - odd, as I've not had a single crash on PS4...... until this bloody patch! Not I keep getting what seems like a lock up after a number of matches :( Get returned to the lobby after scores are shown, then nothing - you can see the menus and whatnot, but you cannot select them! At best, if you press a button, about 3 minutes later it reacts.

Here's hoping they sort this, as the only fix I found, is to close MW and re-launch it.

Associate
Yes, you'll need to get them to sign into Xbox as their own profile before starting up the game, then add the controller as split-screen the way you have with guest. It will then ask you to link that account with a Blizzard account in game, you then create one using their email address. The plus side is that will then transfer their MP progress to their own computer/console later if they then link that.
Thanks for that. Will try this tonight

I haz 4090!
Don
Got the 1.08 update the other night, notes indicate that [amongst other things] it solves crashing - odd, as I've not had a single crash on PS4...... until this bloody patch! Not I keep getting what seems like a lock up after a number of matches :( Get returned to the lobby after scores are shown, then nothing - you can see the menus and whatnot, but you cannot select them! At best, if you press a button, about 3 minutes later it reacts.

Here's hoping they sort this, as the only fix I found, is to close MW and re-launch it.

Yep, I keep getting that too. Annoying isn't it. Odd that it got through testing seeing as it's console and not PC.

I haz 4090!
Don
Did anyone get a season unlocks thing when they logged in? It popped up saying I'd unlocked an epic shotgun and M4, but they don't seem to be in my blueprints.

Back
Top Bottom