What have you done to your car today?

Associate
I had a HKS EVC-S boost controller fitted (and some other jobs sorted out):

cpeNmA.jpg

Soldato
Gave it a quick wash and took some pics for the sale advert!

yPY4QgN.png

Will be sad to see it go but the itch for something new is relentless. Avoiding AutoTrader for now, will try my luck with Pistonheads/Z4 Club first.

Soldato
Oil and filter change on the Sportage.

used my new tool which sucks the oil out of the dip stick, meaning I don’t have to get underneath and find the access hatch in the under tray.

it worked way better than I expected. Much much easier. Got all 5.5L out.
Not bad for £40

Soldato
Oil and filter change on the Sportage.

used my new tool which sucks the oil out of the dip stick, meaning I don’t have to get underneath and find the access hatch in the under tray.

it worked way better than I expected. Much much easier. Got all 5.5L out.
Not bad for £40

:eek::eek: does this tool exist for all cars? That sounds awesome!?!?! where from?

Soldato
I had an electric one which had croc clips to go onto the battery. It had 2 tubes - a thinner one which you put down he dip stick hole and the other one into a container. Just switch it on (with warmed up oil of course) and it pumps the oil out. It did the job pretty well but stopped working after the 3rd or 4th go. I've now got one which requires manual pumping which was only about £15 but haven't used it yet. Makes things easier especially on cars where you can change the oil filter just from under the bonnet, no need to jack up at all. I also had good success with mine, getting out pretty much the same amount of oil as if I'd drained via the sump plug.

Soldato
Soldato
Had I known about these, clearly been around for years, I could have done my own oil changes. Oh the shame !!

Lol to be fair to you I only noticed them as I saw someone using it on a YouTube video and though it was worth a go! Been doing it the old fashion way all these years!!

Fortunately the oil filter on the Kia is a cartridge type, top front of engine so you can do it all from under the bonnet. Result all round!

Caporegime
Im going to explode soon I swear to God... The middle pin on the alternator loom connector doesnt have continuity to ground and doesnt have any voltage output when ignition is on.

I think it is meant to go to a 7.5A fuse... Nobody on the Owners Facebook pages are replying to my post, and I can't find the location of the fuse or the fuse box it is in online, and I can't even find any confirmation that the pin is supposed to have continuity to ground or a voltage output, but the alternator company say it should.

Soldato
Im going to explode soon I swear to God... The middle pin on the alternator loom connector doesnt have continuity to ground and doesnt have any voltage output when ignition is on.

I think it is meant to go to a 7.5A fuse... Nobody on the Owners Facebook pages are replying to my post, and I can't find the location of the fuse or the fuse box it is in online, and I can't even find any confirmation that the pin is supposed to have continuity to ground or a voltage output, but the alternator company say it should.

FJVCTF1.gif

Soldato
Took my door cards off the wedge today to remove the metal trim for a refurb. What little material there had been to insulate the various apertures is now either well knackered or missing entirely.

I appreciate that any notion of actually 'insulating' this is an exercise in futility, but wondered if anyone could recommend some sort of waterproofing/deadening material here that I could stick on to reduce moisture and rattling a bit.

And yes, I was working in the car with the cover on while it rained :p

iuRERbl.jpg

KTuJ7dS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom