Shed Required (Tiger don't deliver to area)

Soldato
Hi,

I'm now a bit screwed as I was waiting for the right time to order a shed knowing I would have the time to prep and build it and when I have gone to order from Tiger Sheds they have said they can't get the shed I want in the size I want delivered to my areas (Exeter City).

So I was after this in 6x6:

https://www.tigersheds.com/product/tiger-shiplap-windowless-apex-shed/

I was going to get it ordered with a extra wide door as it will be used daily for storing a couple of bikes with one being pretty expensive. As we are renting our landlord was happy to contribute towards the cost but of course there is only so much I was willing to contribute as well. The price of the Tiger shed was going to be £345 with extra wide door.

Can anyone else suggest any alternative places? I'm aware that the 6x6 not a norm size but we currently have a 6x4 and the concrete base in the garden is only 6x6. Got to get these bikes out of the lounge to fit a Christmas tree!

Any help appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Thanks LiE. I was hoping to get away without the double doors. More for security as any sheds I have seen in person with double doors seem like 10 seconds with a crowbar would pop them open. Gah so annoyed as the Tiger shed really did look like a well build and sturdy one.

Associate
You could go with one linked above and put a few modifications on it. Beef up the doors with some 8mm ply sheets screwed on to the inside of each door, bolts on the top and bottom of the doors and a locking bar across the front.
All of that wouldn’t cost more than about £50.

Man of Honour
A single door is no more secure than a double door. I am sure we all have big padlocks on our sheds but all a potential thief needs is a screwdriver to take out the screws on the hinges which are usually on the outside. It's something else to consider when buying a shed.

On a sidenote, saying that they won't deliver to Exeter is a joke. It's hardly out of the way and is at the end of the M5!!

Soldato
You could easily batten shut one side of the double door if you wanted it to be more secure. If you built a frame inside, it'd be secure as any other part of the shed. As above, id someone wants to get into a shed it wont take much at all.

Back
Top Bottom