War of the Worlds

Soldato
Well the first episode just aired on BBC1 and it was dire. Took too long for people to get toasted and even that was a “what the ...” moment. The tripod wasn’t at all menacing either.

edit: iOS sucks for typing.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah, wasn't all it could have been. i've still no clue where the tripod came from, given the original projectile-hoozit was about 20' across and vaporised itself :-/
will try ep 2 though, see what develops.

Associate
Great adaptation so far, considering they had a BBC budget and could probably not afford to tackle all the elements of the book. The effects are well done, when you consider this is TV.
The upcoming scene on the beach with the royal navy is worthy of any film.

Soldato
yeah, wasn't all it could have been. i've still no clue where the tripod came from, given the original projectile-hoozit was about 20' across and vaporised itself :-/
will try ep 2 though, see what develops.

Wasnt it supposed to be the tripods were already here and dormant they came in the past and the ball things were just the energy to bring it alive ?

I'm still confused over why a Dalek Void Ship appeared and started spinning before incinerating people.

See above I guess it was clearing away any potential enemies so they didnt see how crap the CGI was of the Tripod coming out of the hole ? Did not really make sense why they burst into flames at random as nothing seemed to hit them and of course the principals do not get toasted.

Some of it was pure plot drivel like when they got "seperated" at the village and had to go different ways, just run round the house or through it and that was it.

The whole future reveal spoilt it for me. That was completely daft. I have a feeling the resolution is not going to be the same as in the book.

Soldato
Great adaptation so far, considering they had a BBC budget and could probably not afford to tackle all the elements of the book. The effects are well done, when you consider this is TV.
The upcoming scene on the beach with the royal navy is worthy of any film.

The BBC make 5bn a year in revenue. They have no excuse to have terrible budgets

Back
Top Bottom