Black Friday wishlist...

Soldato
I've got a Ring door bell had it a few years. Hardwired it into my old bell circuit for power. One best thing I ever bought. Its helped me accept parcels when otherwise they would have put a card through the door, even did it when I was on holiday in Cyprus ! Caught out a DHL driver who claimed to have handed over a parcel to me as delivered when it wasnt. Complained to DHL and they got the driver after viewing my video. I have it pointing down my drive to the road so I can see who is coming. Scare kids on Halloween. Seen what the weather is like at home when I`m away. Checked when the postman has been when I`m at work. The fact you can speak to people who come to your door when you are miles away is a big advantage.
Never mind the security aspect.

Caporegime
I've got a Ring door bell had it a few years. Hardwired it into my old bell circuit for power. One best thing I ever bought. Its helped me accept parcels when otherwise they would have put a card through the door, even did it when I was on holiday in Cyprus ! Caught out a DHL driver who claimed to have handed over a parcel to me as delivered when it wasnt. Complained to DHL and they got the driver after viewing my video. I have it pointing down my drive to the road so I can see who is coming. Scare kids on Halloween. Seen what the weather is like at home when I`m away. Checked when the postman has been when I`m at work. The fact you can speak to people who come to your door when you are miles away is a big advantage.
Never mind the security aspect.
I suppose so lol. Funny thing is when I wanted one a while back, she said waste of money. But now she wants one and it’s fine :p. Grrrr women but told her I’ll get her one as long as I can get my few things.
Not sure if they will be on a Black Friday deal, got a friend who works for Screwfix as a manager so hopefully it will be reduced then he can use his 20% off discount. Did it last yr when I got an amazon echo from his store.

Soldato
I suppose so lol. Funny thing is when I wanted one a while back, she said waste of money. But now she wants one and it’s fine :p. Grrrr women but told her I’ll get her one as long as I can get my few things.
Not sure if they will be on a Black Friday deal, got a friend who works for Screwfix as a manager so hopefully it will be reduced then he can use his 20% off discount. Did it last yr when I got an amazon echo from his store.

Its so you can see what the postie does with that 2080ti they tried to deliver whilst you were out.

Soldato
A new CPU/MoBo/RAM/SSD combo to replace my current 8 year old Sandybridge i7 [email protected] on a P8P67PRO MoBo with 16Gb of 1600mhz DDR3 RAM and a OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD - All I've done since buying it from OcUK way back in 2011 (OcUK Tyrannosaur) is replace the GFX card from a 580GTX to a 780GTX in '14 and then to a 1070GTX at Xmas '18 and it still plays all my 1080p stuff at 60hz with no worries. However it's getting old and cranky now, doesn't boot-up properly 2 times out of 5, BSD's once a week at least etc so it's just starting to fall apart now.

I'm looking at AMD for the first time since my '97 AMD K2 450mhz, just waiting on the 3950x results/release as I want something like the i7 which will last for 5-8 years with just GFX updates.

Soldato
Missus wants a ring video doorbell, I think they are a waste of time really. But hopefully can nab one on Black Friday.

As for myself?? Maybe a new elite ver2 controller from M$ and a new wireless headset for my Xbox one. Looking at the arctis 9x wireless one.
Check out the Google Nest too, I went with that. I think it looks nicer and the specs are better. Watch out for the quality control on the v2 Elite, loads of people having A button issues so maybe buy from somewhere with easy returns. And I've got the Arctis 7, love the Steelseries design and it's been fantastic. Tempted by the Xbox wireless one, but can't justify the switch really.

As for me, if there's a great cordless Dyson vacuum deal then I could be tempted.

Back
Top Bottom