Dan A4-SFX V4 Mini-ITX Case

Soldato
Have you done a build in it yet?, seems like a nice little case but i think the Mjolnir is the one for me.

Might be a while before i do a build in it but i really want to pick one up.

s k

s k

Associate
Yeah, made lots of mistakes though.
The mjolnir looks amazing and so does the sidearmd t1

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think i might start a collection of these neat little cases, i want them all!.

lol if you have the money why not :), got shipping noticitcation from nvidia for my 2070 super should be here tomorrow, case has been shipped also but will take around 1-2 weeks from all acounts to arrive, thats the only thing i really need at this point using my pc out of a case, proping it up on the mobo box with everything attached, looks super ugly wires bloody everyware XD

Associate
lol if you have the money why not :), got shipping noticitcation from nvidia for my 2070 super should be here tomorrow, case has been shipped also but will take around 1-2 weeks from all acounts to arrive, thats the only thing i really need at this point using my pc out of a case, proping it up on the mobo box with everything attached, looks super ugly wires bloody everyware XD
Have you gone for any custom cables? or are you using the standard and seeing how it goes?

Associate
will be using standard cables first but in talks with cablemod to get a really short set if needed
I found the space between the PSU and the fan / AIO to be very very tight, though the modular cable plugs were in some ways the biggest issue, and then bending the cables to ensure they didn't snag the fan. I had a wire fan guard, but could not use this with the modular plugs, too tight. ironically I wonder if a non-modular supply would actually be better. but that is the fun and the challenge, making it work. Is very satisfying when it does and you are happy with it.

Soldato
OP
it does look tight between the psu and aio but looking online there are ways to make it fit, primarily the 24 pin can be routed into the gpu chamber then brought back into the mobo area to plug in, also to split the cables too, have a bunch go into the second chamber where the gpu lies is quite good.

hell cablemod may have shorter modular ends which if they do that will help no end with clearance issues, time will tell

EDIT

case has arrived in the uk :) just awaiting customs checks and pay vat, hopefully wont take took long to clear, everything bar the case is ready to go, have to say the 2070s is a really good combo with my 3900x easily hitting 120fps at 1440p ultra in most games and staying pretty cool (60 degrees, with a 2ghz core and +800 on ram)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
good news all, case has cleared customs and charges have been paid £42 :(
it's out for delivery and wont be long, have a new dual channel lpx set of 32gb dims arriving tommorow as my dominators will stop the case side fitting as the aio pipes wont have room to fit, timmings on the new kit are slow 18,22,22,42 but with some tweaking i should be able to tighten them up, also 2 new noctua 92mm fans for the rad and a intake under the mobo area on the base of the case.

my rtx 2070 super was a good choice as i've been able to hit over 2ghz core and added an extra 800 on the ram clock, gaming at 1440p is still pleasent(110fps) but not at the 165fps i had before with the 2080ti, no matter though anything above 100fps ultra details is still a solid experience :)

Soldato
Sounds good!, i'm not so sure on the Mjolnir case now as it might be another 4-5 months before the case is actually shipped so might get an A4 after all.

Soldato
OP
hey all, well shes built and finally running cool enough, had major problems with gpu's i bought a 2070s fe card thinking its lower tdp would help case thermals, oh boy how bloody wrong i was, i had to set a underclock on the core to such an extent game performance was suffering, what i ended up under load was around 1270mhz and temps had dropped to around 60 degrees, but because the card is open all that waste heat built up in the case and casued my chipset and cpu to run over 75 degres under gaming load with the 2070s.

thankfully zotac was to the rescue in the form of a blower 2080ti and right from the get go temps were around 5 degrees cooler for the cpu and chipset, i've been playing around with fan curves and happy to report under max gaming load at 1440p my 3900x sits around 66 ish degrees and bososts to around 4.4ghz on all cores, the chipset has dropped to around 57 degrees which is a masive drop, m.2 temps have also gone down from around 50 to 36 degrees, i've added a 92mm directly sat over the aio and mainboard area when i got the first card but it didnt help, safe to say the blower card has made a massive diffrence, yes it does run loud but fps are in the 144fps range again.

the zotac card will boost to around 1900mhz out of the box, i've tweaked it and set a -120 offset on the core but under load it still hits 1710mhz and sits around 72 degrees under load, plenty of heat venting from the rear of the card :), tankfully the case is now cool enough to touch :)

Soldato
OP
now the 3950x has lanned its got me thinking if i'd be able to run one of thease monsters in my dan a4?, i mean the silicon quality is far better and from reviews the cpu draws slightly less power than the 3900x, my 12 core at the moment runs around 68-70 degrees under load in games, and boosts pretty high around 4.4ghz, package power via hwinfo64 is just under 70w under load.

what do you think?

Associate
hey all, well shes built and finally running cool enough, had major problems with gpu's i bought a 2070s fe card thinking its lower tdp would help case thermals, oh boy how bloody wrong i was, i had to set a underclock on the core to such an extent game performance was suffering, what i ended up under load was around 1270mhz and temps had dropped to around 60 degrees, but because the card is open all that waste heat built up in the case and casued my chipset and cpu to run over 75 degres under gaming load with the 2070s.

thankfully zotac was to the rescue in the form of a blower 2080ti and right from the get go temps were around 5 degrees cooler for the cpu and chipset, i've been playing around with fan curves and happy to report under max gaming load at 1440p my 3900x sits around 66 ish degrees and bososts to around 4.4ghz on all cores, the chipset has dropped to around 57 degrees which is a masive drop, m.2 temps have also gone down from around 50 to 36 degrees, i've added a 92mm directly sat over the aio and mainboard area when i got the first card but it didnt help, safe to say the blower card has made a massive diffrence, yes it does run loud but fps are in the 144fps range again.

the zotac card will boost to around 1900mhz out of the box, i've tweaked it and set a -120 offset on the core but under load it still hits 1710mhz and sits around 72 degrees under load, plenty of heat venting from the rear of the card :), tankfully the case is now cool enough to touch :)
great result.

Any pics of the build?

Back
Top Bottom