Lifetime ban for British Fortnite cheat

Caporegime
Miss you and your input @Diddums

#FreeDiddums

"Diddums got banned from the Life forums!"

"Did he?"

"No, Diddums."

(Coat already on. :p)

In the life forums I have helped people in ruts, helped people find work, helped people change careers, employed people, organized a PC build for someone who lost a loved one, organized gaming nights, contributed more than many to those forums, and yet I had my access removed because I was mean to Asim and then Psycho Sonny, both very valued members of the community I'm sure.

Yes, the same Psycho Sonny who openly insults pretty much anyone based on the games they play, the stuff they buy, and any other reason. You know, the one who is always passing his opinions off as fact and insulting anyone who disagrees with him.

I'm far from innocent and can get a bit prickly but when they ban me for insulting someone who insults everyone it really does annoy me a bit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Soldato
2 million youtube subs and 600K twitch subs.

I bet 95% of them subbed purely to watch him play Fortnite.

That's a hell of a lot of money he's flushed down the toilet if the ban is upheld.

Must admit I laughed when he started to tear up, serves the little sod right.

No one has 600k subs on Twitch, i think you mean followers.

Soldato
People pay to sub to someone on Twitch if he had 600k subs he'd be making at least $1,500,000 a month a follow on Twitch is the equivalent to a sub on YT.

Huh, interesting.

Still, 600K 'followers' will have been bringing in a healthy amount of income I imagine.

Soldato
In the life forums I have helped people in ruts, helped people find work, helped people change careers, employed people, organized a PC build for someone who lost a loved one, organized gaming nights, contributed more than many to those forums, and yet I had my access removed because I was mean to Asim and then Psycho Sonny, both very valued members of the community I'm sure.

Yes, the same Psycho Sonny who openly insults pretty much anyone based on the games they play, the stuff they buy, and any other reason. You know, the one who is always passing his opinions off as fact and insulting anyone who disagrees with him.

I'm far from innocent and can get a bit prickly but when they ban me for insulting someone who insults everyone it really does annoy me a bit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea, I remember the thread where you built a PC for that chap and delivered it to him. And when you offered a job of work for anyone who fancied it (something to do with stairs?).

I'm sure the mods think you're a decent bloke and that their decision is nothing personal.

Look at it this way: they could have banned you outright but they didn't.

If I were you, I'd keep on contributing positively to the sections you can (they're more constructive than the Life section anyway) and keep your nose clean. You might get your access to the Life section back eventually, or you might realise that you don't miss it after all.

I hope to see you posting again soon.

Man of Honour

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel your pain though I have no problem with the moderating here - some get away with effectively insulting people routinely by the manner they post while just flying under the radar while you get warned/banned for being more straight with them when you've had enough of being diplomatic in response.

Can't say I've ever had a problem with Asim though and just don't take Sonny too seriously - unlike some I don't think they intend anything malicious or obnoxious etc. just the way they come across sometimes.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm sure the mods think you're a decent bloke and that their decision is nothing personal.

It's mainly to do with reported posts and not so much moderation. If someone gets offended by something you post (and there are a fair few people here who get offended by a lot) then expect to see action taken.

The fragile times we live in mean everyone is too afraid to cross lines these days. Generally everything is fine though but when there is an issue, the other issues that are left untouched seem more obvious and it's pretty clear that a large bulk of moderation is reactive rather than proactive.

If it is a major sticking point and you really want to see what others have reported you for or what's on your usernotes, request the data under GDPR. Your online username is your personal identity, you have every right to know the information held about you and whether it is accurate or false. Obviously you won't be able to see who reported what or who made a remark as other users will be redacted etc.

Back
Top Bottom