• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Red Dead Redemption 2, GPU Benchmark, What You'll Need To Play!

Associate
As I have run it on my 2400g at 1080p on low with ~30fps, I would say yes and you should have a much better experience with a faster GPU and dedicated memory, just be realistic with settings.

The problem with the game is that anything below ultra texture settings looking terrible and with 3GB of vram he will have to run it at low or medium.
I want to play it on my laptop when I'm at work but not sure if I can cope with that.

Soldato
I picked up a laptop with a 1060 6GB recently for use away from home and it impresses me how well games run on it at 1080p. Maybe RDR2 will run like absolute pants on it though :p
Anything better seemed like a big increase in price and I could not find a decent AMD alternative neither.

Associate
The problem with the game is that anything below ultra texture settings looking terrible and with 3GB of vram he will have to run it at low or medium.
I want to play it on my laptop when I'm at work but not sure if I can cope with that.

I wouldn't say it looks terrible at all, of course on my actual games machine 4k maxed looks better but low settings running on he APU are not bad enough to suggest that isn't worth playing, if its what you've got go with it.

I picked up a laptop with a 1060 6GB recently for use away from home and it impresses me how well games run on it at 1080p. Maybe RDR2 will run like absolute pants on it though :p
Anything better seemed like a big increase in price and I could not find a decent AMD alternative neither.

Indeed, I do similar with a 1050Max Q in a Zenbook Pro 14 that only has 4gb Vram, it does a grand job of 1080p gaming, so long as you expectations are console level or slightly above, small screen helps, the 2400G is not quite up there with that unfortunately but it handles more than I ever expected it too.

Soldato

it's not the textures, the game adds a lot of blur effects to stuff which is annoying. At low settings it adds excessive amounts and makes it look like a console game.

Associate
I just set the slider to balanced and turned of any form of AA and textures to ultra and the game runs amazingly well and looks great. I was running lower settings at one point but fps was actually lower using the slider pre-set and it looked all blurred. I think it was the GN guide I used to tweak the settings, but it's a constant 80-110fps now which is great. I'd like more, but I think I'm getting mileage out of this 1070ti.

Soldato
Not a bad looking game all in all.

45156d9e-03c2-4278-aa71-be256b9c76d2.JPG

Associate
it's not the textures, the game adds a lot of blur effects to stuff which is annoying. At low settings it adds excessive amounts and makes it look like a console game.

Even on high textures look awful according to DF.
XBOX ONE X is using ultra textures.

b6cea3a01c03558294337f7065a63aeb-full.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
There isn’t much performance loss between the settings as long as you have enough vram.

One of those cases where if you are running a 3gb card vs it’s 6gb counterpart it’s going to sting in this game.
I know and that was exactly my point.
I got 3GB 1060 in my laptop.

Soldato
I feel special knowing I can at least run it smoothly even though it's like 35fps average.

No crashes, playable, almost ultra.

Normally I'm the one to get hit by the problems.

When the GF wants to watch a movie in bed and decided to browse facebook I just whack RDR2 on the tv in the bedroom and bliss :D.

Soldato
Lets try Ultra settings on my laptop now lol

For some reason it's bigger than my screen, I can't see the menu options :(, seems my my dcocuments sync on onedrive is causing issues here.

Managed to try it, all ultra, 2880 x 1620, 0.75 res and around 30fp average.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom