***Death Stranding***

Soldato
Yeah I'm starting to get into it more although I'm finding the direction a bit poor and the menu interface a bit dodgy.

Spent a good deal of time looking for the bloody printer, I assumed the Mule camp was in the orange area I'd already passed through for christ sake. Again left feeling the direction could have been better.

Soldato
how does this whole people being able to leave stuff and other players find it mechanic work exactly? Surely with several million players there'd be endless stuff strewn about?

Soldato
Shall we get some tips and tricks going?

1. Crouch on steep terrain, it's slower but reduces risk of falling and damaging cargo.
2. Carry extra boots or loot MULE boots, boots wear over time leading to less balance and bleeding.
3. When you encounter a climbing rope, put the rope back down so players can climb it/descend.
4. Scan (R1 on PS4) near rivers/terrain to see how deep it is. Blue is good, yellow is caution, red is avoid.

Associate
I can see this game being very divisive but this is right up my street if you like playing Fortnite or look forward to the latest Call of duty every year this won't be your cup of tea.

Soldato
Played like 3h and enjoying it so far, really good atmosphere and navigating the terrain is very satisfying, giving/receiving likes as well though I hate FB:p The graphics are pretty ridiculous. Weird as hell, full of Kojima quirks and long cutscenes so certainly not for everyone.

I set the difficulty to hard as BTs/Mules are more dangerous and can detect you easier. BTs are really unsettling.

I don't really get this game because I can totally see why people label it tedious/boring etc. but it's also fun at the same time, I'm baffled:p I think it's the appeal of the terrain itself, micro-managing your equipment, planning safe routes, building stuff, helping players and picking up lost cargo.
The landscape looks so serene and the feeling of isolation builds the atmosphere well enough, especially with the music, that I don't really mind walking those distances, travelling is genuinely pleasing (a bit less so when you see a timefall in the distance and you know ****'s gonna go down). It's a bit like SoTC but more interactive.

I got a genuine kick of making a simple postbox and donating a ladder so some random guy can use it when he needs it:p Not saying I won't get bored of it all after 40h but so far I'm glad I tried it.

Last edited:
Soldato
This type of quote sells the game to me :D

Well, just mind that it has TONS of traversal/balancing with stealth/combat/managing stuff thrown in and lots of lenghty cutscenes. It's also weird, I can't recommend it to anyone like a standard game, it's going to be really divisive with some people outright hating it.

Soldato
Will give the game a proper go tonight, also heard you can postpone sidequests as they're not missable and unlocking better equipment in further chapters makes them easier.

And if someone struggles with shifting weight, you can simply hold both triggers on risky surfaces to keep in balance unless the wind is strong or inclines are very steep.

Soldato
Will give the game a proper go tonight, also heard you can postpone sidequests as they're not missable and unlocking better equipment in further chapters makes them easier.

And if someone struggles with shifting weight, you can simply hold both triggers on risky surfaces to keep in balance unless the wind is strong or inclines are very steep.

I've heard it's worth rushing a bit through Ch1&2 as the pace/kit picks up a bit at that point.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm at the point where I can build generators as well so can charge the bike. Still pretty hooked but I have to get used to some systems as I haven't fully researched them.

Soldato
Proper tempted, got £70 in PSN credit - but they want £65 for it!

Not worth it on PSN, there's always a premium there. With the amount of mostly unwarranted hate this is getting, there might be a lot of used copies around shorty and you'll be alble to sell it if you don't happen to like it.

Back
Top Bottom