Refresh Rate's

Associate
I have a asus rog swift pg279q at the moment it is set to 59 hertz in windows, should i change this to 144 hertz (in display adaptor properties monitor - tab)?
I have searched the net for an awnser too this and found an artical that says to set the refresh rate to maximum and also change vsync to adaptive in the nvidia control panel. should i do this?

Soldato
Go into nvidia control panel then down the left hand side it will say display and or resolution below it. Click on that and change to 1440p 165hz.

In that same control panel just ensure gsync is enabled. And vsync is turned to on in manage 3d settings, also ensure power management is set to optimal vs adaptive in that same tab.

Soldato
I have a asus rog swift pg279q at the moment it is set to 59 hertz in windows, should i change this to 144 hertz (in display adaptor properties monitor - tab)?
I have searched the net for an awnser too this and found an artical that says to set the refresh rate to maximum and also change vsync to adaptive in the nvidia control panel. should i do this?

Turn vsync to ON in the Nvidia Control Panel / Manage 3d settings / Global Settings.
When gaming turn vsync to OFF in the games settings to allow gsync to do its stuff.
Set the desktop refresh rate to 144hz in Nvidia Control Panel / Display / Change Resolution and Nvidia Control Panel / Display / Adjust desktop size and position.

Go into nvidia control panel then down the left hand side it will say display and or resolution below it. Click on that and change to 1440p 165hz.

165mhz is only available on this monitor once you enable the overclock option in the Monitor settings menu. Personally I never used it as it made my screen flicker and just stuck to 144mhz.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies, think i have got it right now, playing batman arkham origins with vsync off runing at about 144fps, thanks again for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom