Switch games for 63 year old non-gamer?

Associate
Hello all,

My Mum recently asked me about the Nintendo Switch because she'd seen it advertised and it seems to have grabbed her interest. A few days later she asked me again about the different models and seems pretty intent on getting one.

In terms of why she wants one, she currently plays things like Candy Crush on her iPad while my dad watches his stuff on TV. She's bored of those kinds of things and in her words "wants some different games".

I'm a bit unsure of what kind of games she would like to play though, let alone even be capable of playing since she hasn't played any real video games since Manic Miner on the BBC micro lol. Actually she did had a DS but as far as I recall she only played things like Brain Training and Professor Layton (she didn't like this much).

I'd like to show her some games before she buys one so that she know's what kind of stuff is on the console before she potentially wastes nearly £300.

Things like Stardew Valley, Abzu, Firewatch etc immediately come to mind. I'm also imagining the motion control games might be good for when my nieces visit? I think the games will have to be mechanically very simple as she has never used a gamepad before but I really have no idea where to start.

Has anyone had any experience introducing a non-gamer to games like this?

Any tips or game suggestions would be great.

Cheers.

Soldato
Pretty much everyone I've shown the switch too loves it, price point of games is too high though which can be off putting to some, even old games still retail high.

Man of Honour
Because she hasn't actually got a switch yet. I think the PS4 will have a better selection of games that will appeal.

They're a similar age. My mother previously had a Wii u.

Wind your neck in.

She needs something for when the TV is occupied. How does your suggestion help?

You might want to read the opening post before responding next time.

Back
Top Bottom