Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Heresay I know ;) but not feeling this game at all :rolleyes: & even @ 4K maxxed out the graphics do not look all that to me either :eek:

Completely agree mate, uninstalled and refunded it days ago, game does look crap to me too. Just checked back in here to see how the junk is running and can see it still isn't running as it should for some people, no shock there then. At least people are now aware to avoid Rockstar moving forward.

Man of Honour
Completely agree mate, uninstalled and refunded it days ago, game does look crap to me too. Just checked back in here to see how the junk is running and can see it still isn't running as it should for some people, no shock there then. At least people are now aware to avoid Rockstar moving forward.

Thats a touch harsh imo. Now I know you mentioned how you consider Battlefield 5 to be good graphics, thats fair enough..its a pretty darned good looking game. But I feel that its an astonishing piece of hyperbole to say that Red Dead Redemption 2 looks "crap". I could accept that in your opinion you think its not as good looking as BF5 but its a long long way from looking "crap". The Rimworld graphics look "crap", there are a host of indie titles on Steam whose graphics could legitimately be described as "crap" but when you play RDR2 or even if anyone reading this looks at the screenshots in this thread or in the high res screenshot thread you would have to be an enormously biased person, bearing a grudge of negativity against the game, to conceivably and truthfully say RDR2 looks "crap".

Associate
Thats a touch harsh imo. Now I know you mentioned how you consider Battlefield 5 to be good graphics, thats fair enough..its a pretty darned good looking game. But I feel that its an astonishing piece of hyperbole to say that Red Dead Redemption 2 looks "crap". I could accept that in your opinion you think its not as good looking as BF5 but its a long long way from looking "crap". The Rimworld graphics look "crap", there are a host of indie titles on Steam whose graphics could legitimately be described as "crap" but when you play RDR2 or even if anyone reading this looks at the screenshots in this thread or in the high res screenshot thread you would have to be an enormously biased person, bearing a grudge of negativity against the game, to conceivably and truthfully say RDR2 looks "crap".

I sense that because him and his IT mates could not get it running for a few days he holds a serious grudge. I am unsure if they are embarrassed they all failed to get this running with IT backgrounds, but after reading that post it sure seems like it lol.

Man of Honour
I sense that because him and his IT mates could not get it running for a few days he holds a serious grudge. I am unsure if they are embarrassed they all failed to get this running with IT backgrounds, but after reading that post it sure seems like it lol.

Well to be fair to him, he did say that he didnt like the gameplay when he had it working, so I can understand that. Not everyone will like every game. But even if you dislike something intensely you have to remain honest about its attributes. For example, I dislike Elizabeth Hurley but I cant deny that she looks good. I really dont like BF5 but I will quite openly state that its graphics are awesome. Being objective and able to see the good in things you hate and indeed vice versa, the bad in things you think are awesome, is an important life attribute imho.

Soldato
Horses for courses.
But, if we avoided every game publisher with crap launches, we would not be playing any PC games... Early adopters always take the risk as there are just to many variables to cover all the bases.
Saying that, RDR2 has been more than a abysmal launch for some and R* and their current practices means they deserve everything they get from it. However wont stop me buying from them.

On stability, I have only had 2 crashes and the game runs great,(which I cant say for GTA ATM which is borderline broken) however that is a bit hollow to some but does prove not everybody had problems. I am acutely aware though you and your friends did which is ****

Associate
I didn't really struggled with them when I've used the "dead eye" skill, especially in combination with a repeater with scope. Even the waves of sheriffs and bounty hunters can be easily eliminated from distance.

Hasn't worked for me, they seem to appear all around me and I'm caught in a crossfire with no cover.

One time I attempted to run one appeared right in front of me, blocking my escape. Seems a bit harsh right at the start of the game where I've had very little combat experience, none at all on my horse

Soldato
Hasn't worked for me, they seem to appear all around me and I'm caught in a crossfire with no cover.

One time I attempted to run one appeared right in front of me, blocking my escape. Seems a bit harsh right at the start of the game where I've had very little combat experience, none at all on my horse

Just ensure to cook up and equip yourself with one of those health and deadeye fortifying potions. I got killed a few times but one of those combined with dead eye makes them quite easy.

I got ambushed, killed them all on a bridge and threw them off it into the river below :p

Soldato

Well that's the trouble these days, for some reason people have to decide something is either great or terrible, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. And if somebody doesn't like something that other people do like they have to hate on it even more for some reason. If this person said they didn't like the game or didn't think it was that good in their opinion then fair enough, but no, it has to be 'crap'. Its similar to somebody earlier in the thread describing Witcher 3 as 'absolute garbage' because it wasn't their cup of tea. Probably best to ignore such opinions if people can't be balanced.

Man of Honour
But, if we avoided every game publisher with crap launches, we would not be playing any PC games... Early adopters always take the risk as there are just to many variables to cover all the bases.

Developers/publishers used to mostly manage good launches and a lot hinges on their response to bugs, etc. if people keep buying games that have meh launches and developers take weeks to address significant issues then they have no incentive to do any better. It used to be these kind of launches were closer to the exception than the norm now it seems to be switching.

I really don't understand the mentality of late where so many consumers are not just complacent about it but even defend the rubbish pushed on them.

Back
Top Bottom