Greta Thunberg

Caporegime
The thing about Greta, she's a mouthpiece.

She's influenced by bigger older richer people with agendas, she may as well be considered a vessel.

Prove it and you might have a point. :)

Unless you're then going to say that you can never educate yourself and come to a sane conclusion? Or is everything an agenda?

Soldato
It's all about the money she can earn them.

"Entrepreneur Ingmar Rentzhog, who claims to have discovered Greta Thunberg, used the name of the Swedish climate phenomenon in a new issue that has raised more than 10 million in investments."

https://www.svd.se/hans-bolag-anvande-greta-thunberg-som-dragplaster--drog-in-10-miljoner

"The founder of the green social network startup We Don't Have Time has hit back at press claims that he used his links to teen activist Greta Thunberg to raise millions of kronor."

"We didn't inform the Thunberg family that her role in the organization would mean that we would have to write her name in our business prospectus,"

https://www.thelocal.se/20190210/businessman-hits-back-at-greta-thunberg-eco-profiteer-charge

All about the money and always will be.

Caporegime
It's all about the money she can earn them.

"Entrepreneur Ingmar Rentzhog, who claims to have discovered Greta Thunberg, used the name of the Swedish climate phenomenon in a new issue that has raised more than 10 million in investments."

https://www.svd.se/hans-bolag-anvande-greta-thunberg-som-dragplaster--drog-in-10-miljoner

"The founder of the green social network startup We Don't Have Time has hit back at press claims that he used his links to teen activist Greta Thunberg to raise millions of kronor."

"We didn't inform the Thunberg family that her role in the organization would mean that we would have to write her name in our business prospectus,"

https://www.thelocal.se/20190210/businessman-hits-back-at-greta-thunberg-eco-profiteer-charge

All about the money and always will be.

So you're using someone who's abusing his connection to her to... disparage her?

Man of Honour

She's influenced by bigger older richer people with agendas, she may as well be considered a vessel.

Well you're right, she was being influenced by older people who were saying stuff on TV like David Attenborough.
She was horrified, went to her mum & dad who weren't interested so decided to do something herself with the local school children in her town.
And things went from there.
It is a really bad thing what she did, we should just carry on slowly destroying the planet, what right has she got to say anything?

Man of Honour
Regardless of the merits or otherwise in this case - this thread just proves the power of using someone like Greta to push an agenda if you have one and why anyone should be deeply sceptical in any situation where a figurehead such as this is promoted to push a cause in this kind of manner.

Man of Honour
Regardless of the merits or otherwise in this case - this thread just proves the power of using someone like Greta to push an agenda if you have one and why anyone should be deeply sceptical in any situation where a figurehead such as this is promoted to push a cause in this kind of manner.

Before that speech nobody had heard of her so how can she be a figure head?
She turned up, gave her "You've stolen my childhood" speech and grown men are poo'ing their pants like babies.

Man of Honour
Before that speech nobody had heard of her so how can she be a figure head?
She turned up, gave her "You've stolen my childhood" speech and grown men are poo'ing their pants like babies.

She didn't just turn up and give that speech though - she'd been worked into the limelight for awhile progressing to increasing prominence - the school protest/strike of 2018 was when she started to appear in mainstream consciousness.

Man of Honour
Are you serious, "regardless of the merits" . . . :confused:

Yes of course you are, the last thing you would want to do is act responsibly :rolleyes:

Ah hah. Exactly what I'm pointing out - my wording there is intentional and deliberate so as to put my post in an objective position.

EDIT: If you've ever actually read any of my posts in climate related threads you'd see I am an advocate of acting responsibly and that we should be working, with a clear head and open eyes, towards changes that make a real material difference.

Soldato
So you're using someone who's abusing his connection to her to... disparage her?

Oh No. But lets see who doesn't read his own posts

willhub said:

Prove it and you might have a point. :)

Unless you're then going to say that you can never educate yourself and come to a sane conclusion? Or is everything an agenda?

So point proved.

Caporegime
75247451-2484413981685417-8698470816456638464-n.png

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

She didn't just turn up and give that speech though - she'd been worked into the limelight for awhile progressing to increasing prominence - the school protest/strike of 2018 was when she started to appear in mainstream consciousness.

She had been worked into the limelight or she had worked herself into the limelight?

The former implies others are controlling her (which I don't believe), the later that she is doing this off her own back (which I do believe). Now of course, she is going have (and needs) the help of people with connections to get to the conferences and platforms she wants to attend/speak at, but that's not the same as being controlled by those people.

I present and speak at EdTech conferences, but I couldn't do it without my supervisors support, guidance and funding provided by my University and research council. That does not however mean I am their mouthpiece or that they control what I say or present.

Man of Honour
She had been worked into the limelight or she had worked herself into the limelight?

The former implies others are controlling her (which I don't believe), the later that she is doing this off her own back (which I do believe). Now of course, she is going have (and needs) the help of people with connections to get to the conferences and platforms she wants to attend/speak at, but that's not the same as being controlled by those people.

I present and speak at EdTech conferences, but I couldn't do it without my supervisors support, guidance and funding provided by my University and research council. That does not however mean I am their mouthpiece or that they control what I say or present.

I don't think it is as straight forward as one or the other and I don't think someone is controlling wholesale what she says or presents - certainly some of the earlier stuff and her own interests are off her own back but more recently I'm certain she has been directed along a path that is towards the ends of other's interests not just supervised and supported to attain her own goals.

Soldato
I do find it interesting that most people attack the person and not the message, how do you square that circle?

Do most of the people attacking her understand the message is correct but in order to justify ignoring it they try to discredit the person saying it?

Is David Attenbororugh a puppet too?

Associate
I don't know if David Attenborough is a puppet, but his documentaries are now spiked with climate change rhetoric.

His recent offerings on Netflix and the BBC showed walruses falling from clifftops. Sir David claimed this was due to CC. Others have refuted this, saying it has happened on other occasions and by polar bears cornering the walrus.

https://polarbearscience.com/2019/0...-about-walrus-cliff-deaths-heres-how-we-know/

What irritates me is the constant chipping away by the media. I notice Simon Reeve is also 'at it' in his otherwise excellent current travel series.

Back
Top Bottom