What watch do you wear?

Associate
I've had my eye on this ever since Omega launched it in 2016 and today I got one.

Planet Ocean 600M GMT, Deep Black in red on a rubber strap. The addition of red represents the first colour that is no longer visible at a depth of approximately 5 m.

Details
- A Co-Axial escapement, Certified Master Chronometer calibre 8906 that is resistant to magnetic fields
- 24 hours GMT
- A ceramic black case body
- A rubber and Liquidmetal™ diving scale
- 18K White Gold hands and indexes
- A black rubber strap with red stitching

49026169727_bb2000fb10_o.jpg

Looks fantastic. 7 grand tho! On IconicWatches and other website, it looks more 'orange' -- I already have the bigass orange Planet Ocean -- your pic looks a lot better than the official one!

Associate
I really like that. The vintage style lume looks great and the ring on the hour hound is a nice feature.
This is one Timex I'd buy.

I think it's a great watch, quite chuffed to have picked one; I know this one will look fantastic on a NATO. Here's timex link and there's the YT video that showcases it. Pretty accurate, even if I don't like the guyt that much. Skip the first 3 minutes, as in most YT videos! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRdXTzFqgG8&t=418s

Soldato
Looks fantastic. 7 grand tho! On IconicWatches and other website, it looks more 'orange' -- I already have the bigass orange Planet Ocean -- your pic looks a lot better than the official one!
I got mine used from WatchFinder for £6.4k [they are RRP £9k before discounts]
They were really helpful, including sending the watch to my local store in Birmingham to try out.
The company I work for has global offices so the extra GMT hand is helpful to know what time it is for my co-workers when I’m calling/WebEx’ing them.

If you’re looking at this : https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/ome...00-m-chronometer-gmt-215-92-46-22-03-001.html then that is the Deep Blue version which is orange and blue.

There are 6 different versions of the 600M Deep Black and Blue

The Deep Black versions

49034364848_7da89e1601_c.jpg

The Deep Blue

49035085852_a69df8a276_c.jpg

There is another Chronograph model too.

49034891201_3ee94dfc7a_c.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
New beater. SRP513K1, 4R36 movement (hacking/hand winding) 100m WR and a delightful display case back. Also 10% cashback on Amazon which was nice!
First 24 hours and only lost 1 second :eek: all on-wrist apart from about 7 hours on its back overnight. Also the lumibrite lasted all night which is awesome. Really pleased for the price (£140ish after cashback)

Soldato
No need to swear.:D Like the video says its supposed to represent fresh fallen snow flakes.
I know that it's supposed to look like that, but in the flesh, it didn't at all to me.
Worth heading to a GS dealer to have a look in person.

Fortunately for me they make plenty of others which I think actually are exquisite!

Soldato
I've just discovered Greubel Forsey watches - just wow. The new Hand Made 1 is completely awesome. Making just two watches per year.
I love their definition of hand made - "Any component part that we are calling hand made is made by using hand operated machines or tools. without computer or numerical assistance. The only concession being to have an electric motor to drive the cutter".

So the only parts not hand made are the main spring, jewels, sapphire crystal and the case gaskets (Water Resistance rubber).

Need a lottery win though :(

https://www.greubelforsey.com/en/collection/hand-made-1/

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone purchased from this online shop http://www.brandedwatchsale.co.uk/contacts

I've tried telephoning them, no reply,
the 'code' doesn't work, and no recent updates on their facebook/blog
so due diligence says beware ?

49049333453_e023262d4e_o_d.jpg
Looks dubious, what watch were you looking at? Is it available elsewhere? Creationwatches are meant to be ok, if you're ok with grey imports.

Soldato
Every time I see this thread I wish it was called “which watch do you wear?” Wish it would get changed,

I actually prefer 'what' given we're not being presented with a set of choices, though perhaps you could argue 'which' works also given our choice is is limited by the watches in existence? I really don't know.

What I do know is that I've changed watches three times today, so it should plural :o

Soldato
I actually prefer 'what' given we're not being presented with a set of choices, though perhaps you could argue 'which' works also given our choice is is limited by the watches in existence? I really don't know.

What I do know is that I've changed watches three times today, so it should plural :o

I like which watch because it sounds better for a thread title and it works like you say as you are choosing from existing watches.

Soldato
just wondering why we say 'what time is it ?', rather than 'which time is it ?'

but for thread, which suggests a level of uncertainty/indecision/prevarication, versus what, you lnow your own mind.

Associate
"What watch do you wear" is the correct title because it doesn't presuppose that everyone has more than one watch.
"Which watch are you wearing" presupposes that we all have more than one watch. It does sound better title for a thread, but it isn't as inclusive as the existing title.

:)

Soldato
"What watch do you wear" is the correct title because it doesn't presuppose that everyone has more than one watch.
"Which watch are you wearing" presupposes that we all have more than one watch. It does sound better title for a thread, but it isn't as inclusive as the existing title.

:)
I'd wager the majority posting on this thread have more than one, just likely stashed in a drawer, batteryless.

It's why G Shocks often aren't counted in watchists' collections as they're ubiquitous, and have a habit of multiplying.

Associate
I'd wager the majority posting on this thread have more than one, just likely stashed in a drawer, batteryless.

It's why G Shocks often aren't counted in watchists' collections as they're ubiquitous, and have a habit of multiplying.

You're right, of course - most posters probably do own a number of watches. Point being, however, that it might not be 100% of posters here who do own more than 1, and that another title, even though it might sound like a better title, isn't all-inclusive, and could dissuade others from participating, (which I personally would find disappointing because I want to see ALL the watches). A number of people I know or have met in the past have only 1 watch, but what a watch that might be - for example an old work acquaintance who sported a lovely Oris as an inheritance piece, kept and worn as his only watch, but didn't really know or understand what he had on his wrist until we had a good conversation about watches...

Back
Top Bottom