• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Man of Honour
They keep changing their tune. First it's coming out soon, then it has been delayed, now June. Lol. Fake news!

I recon it will be out by April, latest June.

If they create enough different articles they can always point back to the right one in future to say how right they got it ;)

Man of Honour
Ampere is (my guess) going to hit the shelves about 10 to 12 months after the Super editions of Turing were available.

Researching and bringing to market new architectures is expensive and NVidia will want to get the maximum return from Turing, even more so after releasing the Super editions.

Soldato
nvidia set to destroy my wallet and AMD again.

im surprised we aren't seeing a 2080ti super. i might seriously buy the 3080ti on release if they do the same as they did this gen as they seemed to last a fair while.

Associate
Well it wont be destroying mine, i have a 1080ti and i wont be letting Nvidia free reign on my £££s again - they can shove this stupid idea that GPUs are some sort of epeen like thing that costs an arm, leg and kidney to buy into.

Man of Honour
nvidia set to destroy my wallet and AMD again.

im surprised we aren't seeing a 2080ti super. i might seriously buy the 3080ti on release if they do the same as they did this gen as they seemed to last a fair while.

2080 Ti Super is already available as the RTX Titan.

I don't think we will see a 3080 Ti when Ampere launches as I think the ordinary 3080 cards will be a nice performance increase over the older Turing 2080 Ti.

I think one of the reasons for seeing the 2080 Ti so early was that the 2080 was not much of a performance increase over Pascal 1080 Ti.

Soldato
I think they'll want at least 9months from the first super refresh cards that were out three months ago. So that's June which is still H1.

Soldato
HKEPC analyst says even though Ampere has been delayed, it will still be in stores by May 2020

https://www.hkepc.com/18626/新卡升級_7nmRTX_3080_Ti_要來了_NVIDIA_Ampere_GPU_或於_2020_年_Q1_發佈

2080 Ti Super is already available as the RTX Titan.

I don't think we will see a 3080 Ti when Ampere launches as I think the ordinary 3080 cards will be a nice performance increase over the older Turing 2080 Ti.

I think one of the reasons for seeing the 2080 Ti so early was that the 2080 was not much of a performance increase over Pascal 1080 Ti.

That's my money ball guess too, no 3080ti until 6 months after the 3080 is launched. Mhm decisions to make, buy a 3080 that's maybe 20 or 30% faster than the 2080ti or wait for the full fat 3080ti chip.

Soldato
They keep changing their tune. First it's coming out soon, then it has been delayed, now June. Lol. Fake news!

I recon it will be out by April, latest June.

Different sources, it's not wccftech looking into a witch's globe to see when it's gonna be out each time. Kudos to them for reporting news which contradicts their own leaks, it means they don't pretend to give you absolute truths (which so many people seem to want from leakers, completely misunderstanding what these are).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Different sources, it's not wccftech looking into a witch's globe to see when it's gonna be out each time. Kudos to them for reporting news which contradicts their own leaks, it means they don't pretend to give you absolute truths (which so many people seem to want from leakers, completely misunderstanding what these are).
Fake news!

They must have had a dozen different stories about the 480 and Fury back in the day. Even they them selves said the 480 would be MUCH better than it turned out to be. Too many lies. Maybe now that they are much bigger they lie less or are more careful so they can squirm out of it. But how are you going to trust people that lie so much ever again? I just avoid them, they come up plenty of times right here on this forum. Nearly every news story quoted here are from wccftech :o

Back
Top Bottom