• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
The android app is now available to download!

Didn't go for the pre-order myself but recently decided that I wanted to and saw the founders edition was sold out :(
So no night blue controller for me, so instead I am going to wait and pick up a Wasabi when they sell them separately.

Maybe a generous soul here will have a spare buddy pass for me to try out :p

Soldato
Google always do a discount on black Friday for the Pixel line.
I wonder, now that the founders is sold out and its just the premier edition, that they will do a deal on it.

I'd love to grab it for less than £120!

Associate
Nothing there that interests me in that launch line up. I've not played a Destiny game yet so that will be it for me until Darksiders Genesis comes out. Had a look at GYLT but not sure if it's going to my cuppa tea.
Still no concrete delivery day for my pre-order either with just 8 days until launch.

Soldato
Disappointing lineup. Should be subscription based to play a bunch of mostly old titles. Still interested to see how it works out though. Looking forward to people's thoughts.

Soldato
They needed a killer game for the launch, RDR2 is big but not new, if Google had Death Stranding or something as an exclusive then there might have been more excitement.

I'm keen to see how it works, not bothered about the Pro subscription, I'll wait for the free version next year but if I can stream AAA games just buying the game and no need for a console I'm cool with that.

Associate
I think Google has a track record here. They always launch things half baked and then improve them or ditch them. I am concerned that approach may back fire here as the gaming world is more 'showbiz' than other areas they have been involved in.

Soldato
I'm more interested in seeing how the games are priced. If that line-up is at RRP then there's going to be some rather unhappy early adopters (unless they really love Red Dead or have money to burn).

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm interested to see how it pans out as I'm just not convinced the games will play as well as they claim.

Looking forward too see user reviews once it's out in the wild

Soldato
It's all going to be about the price of the games... If they are pricing it what PS and Xbox digital stores do, they're screwed. If we get more near Steam pricing (which I doubt) it's a winner, in my eyes.

How many people here did the pre-order?
Hoping they eventually do different bundles, like one with a phone grip for the controller

Soldato
It's all going to be about the price of the games... If they are pricing it what PS and Xbox digital stores do, they're screwed. If we get more near Steam pricing (which I doubt) it's a winner, in my eyes.

How many people here did the pre-order?
Hoping they eventually do different bundles, like one with a phone grip for the controller

It'll have to be similar to the other digital stores, at least initially and then we will probably see sales and price drops. But a lot of people are paying full digital price today anyway.

Caporegime
OP
Thumper is a great game but you have to be absolutely spot on with the rythym presses it will be very interesting to see if Stadia can handle the latency. Same with mk11

Rhythm games are going to play themselves with predictive input. The game knows what you've got to press so it will press it for you just at the right time to alleviate latency but you think you've pressed it. :D

Soldato
I understand the convenience of digital pricing Vs physical, but sometimes it's around £10, surely it's not worth that much not to get up and change disk?

Only worthwhile stores to get digital games (in my opinion) is the Nintendo Switch store, and that's really because the price of the physically never really come down and sometimes there is a 33% off sale.

Makes me worry how Google won't give any hints on pricing other than it won't really be more expensive than other digital stores.

Soldato
I understand the convenience of digital pricing Vs physical, but sometimes it's around £10, surely it's not worth that much not to get up and change disk?

I agree but it seems like some people are paying it... I get going digital only on Switch for the convenience since it's a mobile system but on PS4 or Xbox I'd buy the disc version.

Soldato
If it's console performance at console prices for games, then better with a console as there is no risk in terms of latency etc and the games can be sold second hand to recoup some cash.

I'm not seeing the USP if the games aren't heavily discounted.

Soldato
I am not a collector but I never seem to re-sell my games, so going digital isn't an issue for me.
The main issue I have is if my console (Switch in this case) was to break, the Switch store has been taken offline and I have no way to get my games again.

Associate
It says the graphics are 11 teraflops for stadia so i don't see how it can do 4k 60fps on every game not unless the graphics settings are turned down a 2080ti is more powerful 14 teraflops.

Back
Top Bottom