Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [8th - 10th November 2019]

Soldato
OK sorry his dad

England footballer Raheem Sterling has defended his new tattoo of a gun, saying it has a "deeper meaning" and refers to his late father. ... But Sterling said it reflects a vow he made to "never touch a gun" after his father was shot dead when he was a boy.
Well yes, I know the facts. My confusion was down to your weirdly adamant defence of Sterling's ability to fight, which you've presumably got no grounds to believe, and your thin grasp of the facts

Caporegime
He's always been a little ****, seems to be he has some sort of image advisors that have been getting him to say the right things but he's still a horrible little runt at heart

He's pretty much the face of the FA/England's anti-racism campaign so he'll get the Rooney kid glove treatment, I think there are far better role models though a lot of the abuse Sterling gets is probably because people don't like him as an individual, nothing to do with racism.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I dont really understand the hate he gets, even as a Liverpool fan. I have not really seen much to suggest he is a "horrible little runt". :rolleyes:

Lots of pool fans are just bitter that he left them and I don't think most other people have a strong opinion on him. Can't say I have seen much from him to deserve the abuse he get from some quarters.

Soldato
Sterling did not cover himself in glory when he engineered his move from Liverpool. Giving unsanctioned interviews and basically running a pro-Sterling, anti-LFC PR campaign.

Any Liverpool fan that watched that unfold is unlikely to have a very high opinion of him.

Soldato
Lots of pool fans are just bitter that he left them and I don't think most other people have a strong opinion on him. Can't say I have seen much from him to deserve the abuse he get from some quarters.

I mean its been explained by another poster but we aren't the only club to give ex players stick...

Soldato
I mean its been explained by another poster but we aren't the only club to give ex players stick...

Plenty of ex players that don't get that kinda stick though. Sterling gets it worse than anyone at the moment.

But then, as I said, for the garbage he was laying on thick before he left, he probably deserves it.

What he said and did obviously worked to some degree though, as fans of other clubs just see his move as what it essentially was, a player moving from one club to another for a bigger paycheck.

He should have just owned up to that though rather than try make out how he'd been mistreated.

Associate
Plenty of ex players that don't get that kinda stick though. Sterling gets it worse than anyone at the moment.

But then, as I said, for the garbage he was laying on thick before he left, he probably deserves it.

What he said and did obviously worked to some degree though, as fans of other clubs just see his move as what it essentially was, a player moving from one club to another for a bigger paycheck.

He should have just owned up to that though rather than try make out how he'd been mistreated.
Pretty much this. It's an Ashley Cole situation where he's developed by a big english club starts to hit the big time and then pushes for a big money move to a rival. If he had gone to spain or italy people wouldn't care.

He's labelled as a mercenary with no loyalty because he left for money.

edit. lol beaten to the ashley cole comparison by 1 min

Soldato
Pretty much this. It's an Ashley Cole situation where he's developed by a big english club starts to hit the big time and then pushes for a big money move to a rival. If he had gone to spain or italy people wouldn't care.

He's labelled as a mercenary with no loyalty because he left for money.

edit. lol beaten to the ashley cole comparison by 1 min
Ahh nice so it's just Liverpool fans who hate him?

Caporegime
Sterling did not cover himself in glory when he engineered his move from Liverpool. Giving unsanctioned interviews and basically running a pro-Sterling, anti-LFC PR campaign.

Any Liverpool fan that watched that unfold is unlikely to have a very high opinion of him.

and as a neutral he has been caught doing drugs multiple times but he's held up as some sort of role model. You can spin a gun tattoo as having some deeper meaning but at the end of the day he's claiming he won't touch guns but felt the need to get a tattoo of one, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's like a Muslim getting a tattoo of a pig. I may be be mistaken but he just comes across as as a bit of a gangster.

Back
Top Bottom