Gigabyte aorus master AMD 3900x , sata mouse bios lock up

Associate
Hi , just got my motherboard and today , so did a minimum case install with just all the power connections , mouse and my old GT440 , and all looked o.k , went into bios and my cpu and memory was correct.
Added my sata to the mix and now a get a mouse lock up and tried a keyboard and that works for a few press before it locks too.
I`ve tried moving the video card , moving the memory to the second bank , made sure it wasn't a sata problem by putting the sata on it's own psu plug and changing the cable.
By the way the sata drive shows up in bios , the bios say F4 which was the board start off and it`s upto F10 now , should I try to flash the bios ?

HELP PLEASE !!!!

Associate
OP
I'm a little wiser what's happening ? , But not why.
if I add any drive , usb , sata etc , the mouse / keyboard goes wrong , but thing are still working ok in the background.
what I've found is that this happens on the 4 usb2 ports on the back , but not the usb3 ports .
So I will keep away from the usb2 port for now and see if I can install a OS.

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man not to sure if this issue has popped up before ?

hopefully OS and driver/chipset install will get USB 2.0 working fine

It's one of those problem which drives you mad at first , but when you find the work around it`s not that bad.
First Most of problem was fitting a 10 year of video card, which I guess gigabyte didn't test for.
After fitting my 2070 super I fixed the problem of the mouse stopping working , but the 4 X USBs are still a little iffy in windows 10 , mouse and keyboard works , but a set of usb speaker don`t work of those usb2 ports.

One thing I've found is use the normal window 10 "power saver" power setting until you install all the chip set drivers , windows 10 updates , it was crashing before I could install them , the max uptime before a crash was 17 mins.
I'm still on that power level now 2.1 ghz normal and never going above 10 -15% on normal use.

Soldato
It's one of those problem which drives you mad at first , but when you find the work around it`s not that bad.
First Most of problem was fitting a 10 year of video card, which I guess gigabyte didn't test for.
After fitting my 2070 super I fixed the problem of the mouse stopping working , but the 4 X USBs are still a little iffy in windows 10 , mouse and keyboard works , but a set of usb speaker don`t work of those usb2 ports.

One thing I've found is use the normal window 10 "power saver" power setting until you install all the chip set drivers , windows 10 updates , it was crashing before I could install them , the max uptime before a crash was 17 mins.
I'm still on that power level now 2.1 ghz normal and never going above 10 -15% on normal use.

i had massive problems with windows 10 on AMD boards with very early build versions :(

looking forward to this though

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/1usmus-custom-power-plan-for-ryzen-3000-download.html

Associate
OP
Soldato
Just watched a YouTube video from JayzTwoCents , about the problems he had with the early versions , eg USB mouse disconnecting and not coming back.
Sounds like it's not fully gone away.

Tend to use usb 3.0 ports on modern boards rather then 2.0 Any issues with 3.0 currently now you've fully patched everything ?

Associate
OP
Tend to use usb 3.0 ports on modern boards rather then 2.0 Any issues with 3.0 currently now you've fully patched everything ?

Yep , all my issues are workable , Like needing to replace the fan and go all in one water cooled !!! , But if I keep it to power saver mode when I don't need the 747 fan cooler to spin up.
Compared to my I7 2600k the 3900x is like a rocket .

Associate
OP
Should try custom power plan above :)

I've moved from the standard power saver plan to the Ryzen power saver plan.
My commander pro is connected to the motherboard usb2 port and I can see that dropping off every few mins , which makes any internal usb device unusable.
Looking at gigabyte's siv utility I can see Bclk moving from 99.5 to 103 MHz and I`ve set it to 100mhz from auto.

And I've found that Overclockers Telephone support is :

Option 1 - buyer or sales advice !!!! we will deal with your call
Option 2 - You have not received your item and you may stop your money !!!! we will deal with your call
Option 3 - You have problems with your order or need technical advice , We have no time for you because we have already taken your money , but you can send US a e-mail or web-mail which we will ignore , because we or busy taking other peoples money.

Back
Top Bottom