Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Played 3 hours of online last night after switching back to Vulcan and had 0 CTD, made the game much more enjoyable.

I didn't know this system was in place but a posse shot someone in ours so we shot them back then the game asked if we wanted to do a mini tdm for 5 minutes. Was great fun not that I could understand any of them as they all spoke French.

Associate
Played 3 hours of online last night after switching back to Vulcan and had 0 CTD, made the game much more enjoyable.

I didn't know this system was in place but a posse shot someone in ours so we shot them back then the game asked if we wanted to do a mini tdm for 5 minutes. Was great fun not that I could understand any of them as they all spoke French.

Lol sounds fun, looks like lots of new stuff has been added since console launch.

Associate
Screengrab of the settings without needing to watch the video:

yPQdd4N.png

Will try these settings later if I don't keep crashing in online mode now I've switched back to Vulcan from dx12.
Used this setting to run @ 1440p using gtx 1070ti and get 50-60 fps. Strange thing is it does dip to 40 for sometimes but can't tell any difference as seems very smooth. Never had this before where it feels so smooth even though there are frame drops.

jpm

jpm

Associate
so according to this video limiting the framerate can stop stuttering, how do you do this in RD2, is it connected with the refresh rate

Its in the graphics settings, my options are 144, 120, 100 or 60. Or you can make a profile in MSI Afterburner using the RivaTuner and can limit the framerate to what you want.

Soldato
This game is much faster (about 25%) on my Vega 64 than my GTX 1080, I hope more games that are coming to Stadia use modern APIs which should benefit AMD and inject much needed competition into the marketplace.

Associate
apparently if you limit your cpu to 98-99%, it can stop stuttering and stalls
You can use BES
http://mion.faireal.net/BES/

I have found another way, in Windows 7 control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced settings, scroll down to processor power management/maximum processor state and change the percentage there.
I have tried 98% but it still stutters/freezes after a while

Soldato
I have found another way, in Windows 7 control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced settings, scroll down to processor power management/maximum processor state and change the percentage there.
I have tried 98% but it still stutters/freezes after a while

yeah that’s different. BES tells the game it can only use 98%. You’re saying nothing/everything can’t use more than 98%

Back
Top Bottom