Dirt Rally 2.0

Soldato
If you're running through SteamVR, you can adjust the brightness of the hmd in the settings. That might help some in the sunnier climbs. Doesn't bother me so much now in the Index, but brightness was an issue on the Vive when you coupled it with the screen door.

Awesome in VR all the same, never drops a frame bellow 90. Unless something changes, i'll badge it with VR game of the year.

Soldato
I think the auto exposure can be changed /lowered in one of the games' config files?

I'm sure OldPhart posted about it not long after release.

Haven't tested be yet though, so it might just work for the 2d version.

Can't find the notes for the above does not ring a bell, but if your new to Dirt 2.0 Optimal Graphics Settings his set up is below use as a guide l did-
- Intel Core i7 3770K @ stock
- NVidia GTX 1070
- 16GB DDR3
- Resolution: 2560x1440

Optimal Graphics Settings Dirt 2.0-
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1754391859

Associate
The auto exposure needs fixing at a coding level as does the horrible blue haze in Finland. It's a great game in VR now, very smooth after the last USB fix. Fix those two issue I just mentioned and I wouldn't have any complaints.

Soldato
Not being hugely into RX, the latest season of DLC has for me been a bit of an anticlimax, didn't even bother purchasing it. However with this announcement I'm over the moon!!!

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/01/dr2_mcrae_info/

Mcrae still to this day is my favourite driver, I feel this will be a great tribute to the roots of this series.
I'm so hoping that the Perth and Kinross stages are modelled on the old McRae Forest Stages Rally, especially Craigvinean. We used to go spectate every year.

Associate
Very nice, maybe I'll have started playing the game by then :p Bought the super deluxe edition a couple of months back on sale but other than setting up my controls and checking it worked haven't touched it. Been too busy with ACC :D

Soldato
Humble monthly did its job as far as codies are concerned. I was not going to buy dirt rally 2 as only done a few hrs in the 1st game. Played the base game from bundle over weekend and now bought all dlc for DR2 and may as well uninstall 1st game.

Associate
So I went for WRC 8, and will play alongside Dirt Rally 1 with the FFB mod. I'll get Dirt Rally 2, but when they've released all the DLC in one big pack and it drops a bit in price.

I picked up Dirt Rally 2 in the Humble Bundle monthly, and after 100gb download, had a rainy afternoon playing. Really loving it, and out of the box, it feels better than WRC8, and just feels natural compared to it's competitor. So I picked up the Year Pass as well last night for 15 euro to get the Dirt Rally 1 tracks from the season 1,2,3 and 4 packs.

Soldato
I picked up Dirt Rally 2 in the Humble Bundle monthly, and after 100gb download, had a rainy afternoon playing. Really loving it, and out of the box, it feels better than WRC8, and just feels natural compared to it's competitor. So I picked up the Year Pass as well last night for 15 euro to get the Dirt Rally 1 tracks from the season 1,2,3 and 4 packs.

You will also get the Colin McRae Scotland DLC which drops next month (iirc) which is free for season owners and paid DLC for base game users.

For me its been a good buy... The humble choice cost me £7.62 (via a code humble sent me), and then £15** for the year 1 DLC........ I am actually hoping that is all the content for the game and that codies concentrate on a new game from then on.... of course i could be wrong and they may do a paid season 6/7 in which case i will have jumped too soon (because I too hate having partial games) but either way, that is a lot of rally content I bagged for under £23 (and have 8 other cracking games on top from humble)

out of curiosity.... with all the DLC for DR2, is there any DR1 content missing from the game or is the whole lot in there now?

**seems like UK have to pay more if its only E15 for those in Europe.....

Associate

What are you using game pad or wheel?

Caporegime
OP
cant wait for scotland. wales is my fav and hoping there will be lots of frills similar and new ones. also great new cars. should be epic.:cool:

Soldato
So is DiRT Rally 2.0 - Year One Pass (Season1/2/3/4) 19.99 down to 14.99, all released content so far, i mean will that give all the £100+ steam listed dlc for the game if bought separately ? just strange how just the DiRT Rally 2.0 - Deluxe Upgrade Store Package (Season1+2) on its own is 24.99 down to 12.49, so paying extra 2.50 gives all.

Back
Top Bottom