New Corsair force MP600 no SMART or TRIM ??

Soldato
May have found a cause ?

Noticed today my system has a Samsung NVME driver v1.0 installed !?. Must have happened when I fitted my old Samsung 950 512gb. Question is what will happen if I remove it and where is the Corsair NVME driver ?? (win7).

But surely the reason you have a Samsung driver installed is because you cloned the Windows install from your original Samsung SSD? I agree with the people above, a fresh install would be best. Just backup your games/software, surely it'll be easier all round.

Associate
OP
I saved a system restore point and removed the Samsung NVME driver. No change (phew). Fresh install not possible for now, way too much work for a simple issue that doesn't actually affect anything !.

Intelligent suggestions welcomed. What is stopping the Corsair toolbox and some drive benchmarks reading SMART and drive temperature etc ?. The drive is clearly functioning well otherwise....

Associate
OP
Yeah lots of 'Base system device' drivers are missing even though I installed all the ASUS stuff when I got the motherboard. Guess some are devices that only work under win 10.... Scan for hardware changes did nothing ('no driver found').... Storage controllers happy though.

Soldato
Update..

Booted from a Win10 drive while the MP600 was still in there and it read the TRIM. Corsair need to release an mp600 driver for win7 ! (Samsung do for theirs !)

It’s an issue you yourself created, any normal person would have just reinstalled and restored data from the other drive or the backup they obviously keep. You apparently chose not to, had issues cloning and then more issues because you cloned, non of that is Samsung/Corsair’s issue. Also Win7 is EoL 14th of Jan 2020, again not something any reasonable person would need to worry about as they would have moved on by now.

Associate
OP
It’s an issue you yourself created, any normal person would have just reinstalled and restored data from the other drive or the backup they obviously keep. You apparently chose not to, had issues cloning and then more issues because you cloned, non of that is Samsung/Corsair’s issue. Also Win7 is EoL 14th of Jan 2020, again not something any reasonable person would need to worry about as they would have moved on by now.

What a lovely and intelligent reply (not).

Back
Top Bottom