• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AORUS RX 5700XT - review and unboxing

Soldato
Prob been mentioned or seen but for those that haven't

0tj9n7zlfix31.png

3dtwJ9C.png
GX1BHGI_231727_750x750.jpg

GX1BHGI_231728_800x800.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dtjztk/official_aorus_rx_5700_xt_coming_soon/

Just to summarize instead of having to hunt through the thread for official info (since we ended up basically giving away the farm in this thread):

~2.5 Slots, L= 290mm, W= 123mm, H=58mm.

Metal backplate seen here. Yes, that is a BIOS switch you see :)

MSRP: TBD

Release: Soon! They are already in production.

Clocks: Faster than Gaming OC :)

And before we sign off for the day one last tidbit: 3x HDMI and 3xDP

as lot of comments mentioned its a love child of Gaming OC and Nvidia Aorus cards .

Did some digging with Nvidia Gaming OC and Aorus cards sizing and AMD Gaming OC

Gaming OC
L=286.5 W=114.5 H=50.2 mm

Aorus RTX
L=290 W=134.31 H=59.9 mm

RX 5700XT Gaming OC
L=279.85 W=114.35 H=49.55 mm

So it matches Aorus RTX in length beating the other two Gaming OC models, as well as being Thicker and just shy of the Aorus RTX, its also wider then other Gaming OC models that use 92mm fans but slimmer then Aorus RTX that uses 100mm fans.

Looks like 100mm fans havent been used but 92mm with wider PCB and heatsink . Believe Current Gaming 5700 xt is 7 phase design and new RX Aorus should be 10 phases , dont think it will be 12 like NVIDIA Version due to slimmer PCB and lack of space

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh - Nice looking card... Is it anything like the Aorus 2060 Super RGB? What's the warranty like with Gigabyte, are they any good.

I have a feeling it might cool a bit better then though AMD runs hotter then NVidia. Main reasons as the fan design in RTX cards have weird cut outs to be stacked ontop of each other that loses some static pressure and then the middle fan in suck in a little bit so less height for heatsink.

Gigabyte are based in the UK for all their components and have rep on here @GIGA-Man whom goes through a lot to sort out owners regardless of where they have bought the product .
Hopefully AORUS AMD cards might offer 4 years warranty like Nvidia ones... have to wait and see.

i just WISH they included the ARGB diode at the tip of the fan like Nvidia models for some lighting goodness even without the fans overlapping . They have the software to do it so wouldn't be to hard to manufacture 92mm version of it

PCB of the Gaming OC so Aorus should be a step above. Seems Gigabyte Gaming OC is best all rounder by reviewers

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh - MSI Gaming X 5700 XT seems to get great reviews and I'm considering this and the Aorus at the moment.

Looking for silence and do like the way the RGB has been implemented on the 2060 Aorus... looks sleek and clean.

Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh - MSI Gaming X 5700 XT seems to get great reviews and I'm considering this and the Aorus at the moment.

Looking for silence and do like the way the RGB has been implemented on the 2060 Aorus... looks sleek and clean.

believe Gaming OC bests it at the moment, guessing price drop on here to £409 helps a lot. Gamers Nexus rates Gaming OC highly , and its a 190w unit vs Gaming X 210w. You get the feeling Gigabytes Aorus model will be 200-250w and 10 phase design . Though bare in mind it doesn't have the RGB fan lighting the 2060 Aorus + cards have, nor the aorus ARGB logo on the backplate like Xtreme Nvidia models do !

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3524-powercolor-rx-5700-xt-red-devil-review-vs-nitro-others

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3509-gigabyte-rx-5700-xt-gaming-oc-review-benchmark

naturally Aorus model would be better ^^^ though ETA is unknown - will most likely miss Xmas and then Brexit/Voting could slow it down a little =/

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh - Gaming OC is the one I'm leaning towards and looking to buy this month hopefully at a good discount. Although can't resist that Aorus! Nitro or Red Devil would be nice also!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh - Gaming OC is the one I'm leaning towards and looking to buy this month hopefully at a good discount. Although can't resist that Aorus!

at a huge guess, week 52 of this calender year or week 2 of 2020

you get the feeling is Gaming OC on here is £420 before sale, and Strix is £470 - will be around the £450-70 mark . think if it comes with 4 yr warranty , then people would buy it

Soldato
at a huge guess, week 52 of this calender year or week 2 of 2020

you get the feeling is Gaming OC on here is £420 before sale, and Strix is £470 - will be around the £450-70 mark . think if it comes with 4 yr warranty , then people would buy it

Pity it's coming later, looking at black Friday to buy and my eye is firmly set on the Gaming OC, Nitro or Red Devil. All 3 can be had around £399 now!

Associate

Isnt the MSI the one in which they cut costs?, don't the memory temps run really hot on these?

I always understood that Sapphire or Powercooler made the best AMD cards as they invest a lot onto R&D for AMD as they only sell AMD products.

Soldato
Isnt the MSI the one in which they cut costs?, don't the memory temps run really hot on these?

I always understood that Sapphire or Powercooler made the best AMD cards as they invest a lot onto R&D for AMD as they only sell AMD products.

It was the Evoke from my understanding.

Soldato
OP

aye, they did get reduced chip prices - though not sure if this is the same but guessing it is as some of the PCB and heatsink design would be costly and the volume they ship isn't double that of MSI/ASUS/Gigabyte etc

It was the Evoke from my understanding.

aweful cooling design from stock without mods :( looks so nice though

Associate
Back
Top Bottom