• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AORUS RX 5700XT - review and unboxing

Associate
Going live today on 2070S and 2070! Shall make a new thread later! :)

It shall yes, website will update later to reflect that.

Great, nice looking card this, its a toss up between this and the Sapphire (Nitro) I think.

What would you go for Gibbo?

Soldato
OP
am so tempted right now especially because of the 4yr warranty.

I agree, but having said that, I cant remember the last time a graphics card failed on me.

i think gibbo nailed it on a post on another thread/ Brits and Europeans want the longest period of warranty for the money we're spending. Asians dont care, just want the cheapest regardless of quality or service etc .

and then theres the 2nd hand market if you dont mind doing the RMA for the person you told it to etc

OcUK Staff
Great, nice looking card this, its a toss up between this and the Sapphire (Nitro) I think.

Ah man, that is such a tough choice, I'd normally only ever buy Sapphire or Powercolor on AMD stuff for myself personally, but I cannot deny Aorus are turning out some incredible looking kit at the moment, I've got my eye on one of their AIO coolers as they just look ace. But right now on 5700 XT I think the Devil would always win me, simply because its cooler like the Nitro is very powerful and effective but the Devil also has a 10 phase power delivery, but saying that performance and overclock wise the Nitro seems on parr with its inferior 8 power phase, which says the 5700 XT simply does not need uprated power. I personally think Nitro, Devil or Aorus simply buy on looks, they are all top performers and easily the best NAVI cards out there!

am so tempted right now especially because of the 4yr warranty.

It is nice but I never buy based on warranty, I buy based on the product.

OcUK Staff
to me it shows confidence in your product also.

But that is not why the manufacturers do it, KFA2, Palit are no worse in quality compared to Gigabyte with twice the warranty. The difference is Gigabyte have got a European marketing department who understand that to many Europeans longer warranty makes them think better quality. It took me years and no doubt many more buyers in Europe to convince like of Sapphire to change from 2yr to 3yr, did they change their quality, absolutely not as they were already the best.

Soldato
OP

Without the context of some of these other cards, like the strong Gaming OC and Nitro+ performance, the Red Devil would have a clear victory. With, however, the context of most the other relevant cards, the Red Devil fits in relatively equally with some of these others.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3524-powercolor-rx-5700-xt-red-devil-review-vs-nitro-others

Aorus should run cooler with same dB limit due to same fans but thicker Heatsink ! also the card is now powered via 2x8 pin rather then 8+6 so guessings cards default wattage will match those of the others being 210w+

seems Heatsink is taller then Red Devil - not by much but red devil heatsink is 10mm longer

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
But that is not why the manufacturers do it, KFA2, Palit are no worse in quality compared to Gigabyte with twice the warranty. The difference is Gigabyte have got a European marketing department who understand that to many Europeans longer warranty makes them think better quality. It took me years and no doubt many more buyers in Europe to convince like of Sapphire to change from 2yr to 3yr, did they change their quality, absolutely not as they were already the best.

well the marketing is deffo working on me as i want my backside covered for 4yrs instead of 2 etc.

Back
Top Bottom