• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AORUS RX 5700XT - review and unboxing

Soldato
OP
so, aorus heatsink is 5mm taller but red devil is 10mm longer - to much maths to work out surface area :D

believe aorus will be 5/6 heatpipes vs red devils 5 . Gaming OC was 5 heat pipes... going to be interesting

Last edited:
Associate
so, aorus heatsink is 5mm taller but red devil is 10mm longer - to much maths to work out surface area :D

believe aorus will be 5/6 heatpipes vs red devils 5 . Gaming OC was 4 heat pipes... going to be interesting

Yea I think Aorus will be my next graphics card, I have a blower 5700xt at the moment and it does run hot.

OcUK Staff

believe aorus will be 5/6 heatpipes vs red devils 5 . Gaming OC was 4 heat pipes... going to be interesting

Internal testing against the ROG Strix OC (this is what Gigabyte compared against), the Aorus was 1c cooler, marginally quieter and even though it shares identical clock speeds to the Asus Rog Strix OC (2010MHz Boost) it won every benchmark by a few points, so upto 1%, so its better than the Strix OC which is good, has longer warranty and cost less.

Soldato
OP
Internal testing against the ROG Strix OC (this is what Gigabyte compared against), the Aorus was 1c cooler, marginally quieter and even though it shares identical clock speeds to the Asus Rog Strix OC (2010MHz Boost) it won every benchmark by a few points, so upto 1%, so its better than the Strix OC which is good, has longer warranty and cost less.

ah gibbo- you get more famous by the day

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-aorus-available-for-preorder

Yea I think Aorus will be my next graphics card, I have a blower 5700xt at the moment and it does run hot.

eiswolf GPU AIO add on ??

OcUK Staff
was wondering why prices of Gaming OC had started to drop or stay on Sale Mode for a while :)

Nothing to do with this card, Gaming OC cost less in USD than this, but the cost of Gaming OC in USD is unchanged, its got cheaper because stronger pound and shall run alongside the Aorus card.

Soldato
OP
Nothing to do with this card, Gaming OC cost less in USD than this, but the cost of Gaming OC in USD is unchanged, its got cheaper because stronger pound and shall run alongside the Aorus card.

its surprising they haven't fielded a Windforce (dual/triple) 2 slot version to take aim at MSI Mech

OcUK Staff
Sapphire gone all out on their special edition, nice to see they also pushed the memory clocks a bit, can see this being the fastest 5700 XT on the market:

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £458.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Sapp...DDR6-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-392-SP.html

11293-05-40G, Core Clock: 1845MHz, Boost Clock: 2035MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14400MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warranty.

Only £458.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Sapphire gone all out on their special edition, nice to see they also pushed the memory clocks a bit, can see this being the fastest 5700 XT on the market:

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £458.99 inc VAT

11293-05-40G, Core Clock: 1845MHz, Boost Clock: 2035MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14400MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warranty.

Only £458.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Basically a fan upgrade with a small bump on the clocks. RGB looks clean, this or a 2070S that's on sale?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Basically a fan upgrade with a small bump on the clocks. RGB looks clean, this or a 2070S that's on sale?

should have been frosted transparent plastic . 100% translucent looks like it just doen't diffuse or spread the RGB glow much :(

uZSKFC3.jpg

Soldato
should have been frosted transparent plastic . 100% translucent looks like it just doen't diffuse or spread the RGB glow much :(

uZSKFC3.jpg

I just love the way Gigabyte has implemented that RGB, if only this was a feature on the new 5700XT. Teasing me again!

Associate

The sapphire's build quality is really good imo, I remmeber having a Nitro+ RX 580 felt amazing to hold and touch.

The nitro+ standard edition was on offer on overclockers afew days ago looks as if its gone back to normal price.

Back
Top Bottom