Best story in a video game?

Soldato
Portal 2 is kind of fun

Yeah, Portal(s), Max Payne and Alien Isolation.

Tbh, I only really play games like this. Though I did get hooked on Loadout.

I did enjoy the Bladerunner game in the 90s. They should have another go at Bladerunner.

And Rebellion really should be developing a good Judge Dredd game. And Rogue Trooper. The stories are already written.

Soldato
I am going to bang in Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl in, before arc wossname does, story driven by the absolutely epic atmosphere more than anything else. As rpg-ish first person shooters wrapped around a storyline go this is at the top of the pile for me.

Soldato
Well, no Japanese games for me. Westerns tend to do narrative better, so Planescape: Torment, probably.

i thought the same and never bothered with them. But tried some like Dragon Quest 11, they are actually pretty amazing, think you may be surprised by some Japanese games which have been converted well.

Caporegime
I liked how valve took the approach to the Half Life 2 story, you sort of had to piece it together from bits and pieces in the world, it wasn't someone standing giving a diatribe in a cut scene for 5 minutes.

Soldato
Pillars of Eternity 1, and also 2 but not as good as 1, although 2 was overall a better game.

Mass effect 2 was incredible.

I personally loved FF8 but I am probably alone in that.

Also, and I know it spreads over Warcraft games but the arthas storyline.

Back
Top Bottom