Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
I logged in and I had two milestones available, one was to play a bunch of games in the arena, which I don't want to do, and the other was in respect of Shadow Keep which I expect I have to pay for and it's odd it even appeared. Honestly it just feels impenetrable for new (or in my case fairly new) players.

Associate
for any of the new players like me who are interested in the Forsaken DLC is on sale on steam until 1st Nov
£11.99 down from £19.99

i was looking to buy this soon anyway so may aswell grab it now and save a few quid :D

Associate
Since im back playing i find gradually ive turned to pvp as my main activity in the game where as before i just done the weekly pvp stuff and was pve focused.
I get so much enjoyment out of trying new builds,weapons on each of my characters.
Pve for me now is just going for pinnacle gear especially after Thursdays upcoming change to pinnacle drops.
I find pvp possibly up there with csgo in terms of skill ceiling/requirment and its a refreshing change from current offerings of multiplayer shooters, the new cod for example where you just look at someone and they are dead with its stupidly fast TTK regardless of the weapon.
When the matchmaking works im pitted against some top class players and you really need to use cover etc, its great stuff.

Soldato
for any of the new players like me who are interested in the Forsaken DLC is on sale on steam until 1st Nov
£11.99 down from £19.99

i was looking to buy this soon anyway so may aswell grab it now and save a few quid :D

Doh missed this!.

I enjoyed Destiny 2 (base game) at launch but didnt stick around for the endgame/dlc.

What do I need to buy to get up to speed? Obviously I missed the move to steam too, so that's an interesting turn of events and hopefully good for bungie going forward

I hear forsaken was pretty great.

I tend to play via the TV with a controller in hand and love how it plays.

Associate
Doh missed this!.

I enjoyed Destiny 2 (base game) at launch but didnt stick around for the endgame/dlc.

What do I need to buy to get up to speed? Obviously I missed the move to steam too, so that's an interesting turn of events and hopefully good for bungie going forward

I hear forsaken was pretty great.

I tend to play via the TV with a controller in hand and love how it plays.

If you want all the DLC you would need to buy Forsaken and Shadowkeep

I bought forsaken and think it was worth it, the quest line was fun and it gives a lot of exotic quests for new weapons
anything before forsaken is included in the free version

Soldato
I logged in and I had two milestones available, one was to play a bunch of games in the arena, which I don't want to do, and the other was in respect of Shadow Keep which I expect I have to pay for and it's odd it even appeared. Honestly it just feels impenetrable for new (or in my case fairly new) players.

You can do the first few missions to get to the moon without the DLC/Season Pass. Everything else moon related is locked behind the DLC/Season Pass. The only way you can climb up the power level ladder is to complete the milstones.

Pre 900 you have to complete 8 bounties for the vendors, which will award gear/weapons, and then post 900 you have weekly and daily milestones as well as completing 8 bounties and other tasks for the vendors.

Once you hit 950, you need to complete pinnacles for more power level.

Soldato
I dont suppose anyone can offer me a hand with an issue I'm having with Destiny 2! I had this problem at launch, and cant remember what I did to fix it before then playing the base game to completion back then.

I play via my TV with the hope of HDR etc. However, it seems if I run in full screen my games colours are completely off and very very dark with or without using HDR. if I then use it in windowed, the colours seem to return to normal but I get locked to 30fps.

No other games seem to be doing this and I cant remember how I fixed it last time round.

Hopefully it was a known thing here?

Soldato
Well I can't complete them, like I don't know what to do, it lists the objectives, but just no idea where to go or what to do.

Ahh ok - so with each bounty there will be a description and the vendor denotes the method and place:
  • Shaxx = PvP (maybe some PvE but its rare)
  • Zavala = Strikes/Nightfalls
  • Banshee = Open World
  • Drifter = Gambit
  • Benedict = Open World/Menagerie (not longer powerful drops for shadowkeep though)
They may also specify an energy type along with kill types - abilities, super kills, final blows, weapon kills

Each of these might have a specific element. For example:
  • Ability kills = nades/melee and super kills
  • Final blows = kills without damage from other sources (players)
  • Weapons kills = using the energy or power slot, use void/arc or solar weapons to match what the bounty is requesting
Solar damage?

This can be from energy or power weapons as well as abilities and super kills, but there may be caveats

Back
Top Bottom