Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
phoebe_2019.jpg

Phoebe, as it starts to get colder, this is where I shall be found, on a blanket/under a blanket/next to radiator, please don't wake me again, you may bring me food, but please don't touch, I'm just not in the mood :)

Gorgeous colour eyes.

Caporegime
My poor Winston got beaten up yesterday.

My mum and stepfather came back to find him looking all soppy and reserved, only realising he was injured when they stroked him as her hand was then covered in blood. Cuts and tears across his face including his ears and they found another animal's claw next to him which had likely got lodged and then fallen out. Poor guy had to go under to get stitched up which got my mum worried as whilst he's quite fit, he is 15 now so getting on. Chances are he fought another cat (fair play to him for standing up for himself as he's usually a complete wimp) and they boxed as all of the wounds are on his face. The Super Soaker is arriving today lol and my mum is out for blood :p:p:p.

Poor mog really struggled with the anaesthetic after coming home, he kept trying to walk but couldn't. Doing better today though :).

Soldato
Turns out the neighbours were actually "giving in" to our cat and feeding him to shut him up so he would leave and throwing treats so he would move away from the door/out from under car when they were leaving. Well, I'm not sure what they thought rewarding that sort of behaviour would turn out for them and our Roary...

Either way we have some dialogue going now and are fully understanding each others situation. They have blocked up their dog flap (it's no longer summer, so hopefully we can get this sorted over the colder months), they have said they won't feed them any more, let them in or reward them with any affection at all - this I hope will deter our guys from going around there terrorising them. We are now keeping them inside which isn't going down too well with the 3 year old, and letting them out only while we are home so that we can then keep them in when they return later in the day - they refuse to use the cat flap, so work in progress here. Also requested the neighbours let us know if they keep bothering them or bring them over if they get into theirs too often.

It's a pain, but a relief to know they aren't actually being "stolen" more like inadvertently befriended through ignorance and lack of communication on both parties.

Here's another picture of Roary in his favourite dirty spot in the shed...

yULCP77.jpg

Soldato
My poor Winston got beaten up yesterday.

My mum and stepfather came back to find him looking all soppy and reserved, only realising he was injured when they stroked him as her hand was then covered in blood. Cuts and tears across his face including his ears and they found another animal's claw next to him which had likely got lodged and then fallen out. Poor guy had to go under to get stitched up which got my mum worried as whilst he's quite fit, he is 15 now so getting on. Chances are he fought another cat (fair play to him for standing up for himself as he's usually a complete wimp) and they boxed as all of the wounds are on his face. The Super Soaker is arriving today lol and my mum is out for blood :p:p:p.

Poor mog really struggled with the anaesthetic after coming home, he kept trying to walk but couldn't. Doing better today though :).

aww poor kitty he looks so cute and cuddly :D

Soldato
My cat that had been sick for the last 4 or 5 months started to go downhill about 10 days ago. Her stomach had started to swell which the vets drained some gas / fluid out of on Thursday but she wasn't her self afterwards. Wasn't eating much, couldn't be bothered to get up. Took her into the vets this morning from them to open her up to see what was going on and they found cancer in her stomach and it wasn't a place they could safely operate (she was already very underweight and weak) so decided not to wake her up :(

I'm glad she is no longer suffering but its the 2nd cat I've lost in 5 months :(

Just got round to reading this now. So sorry for you fella. Gutted when they go :(

Soldato
Turns out the neighbours were actually "giving in" to our cat and feeding him to shut him up so he would leave and throwing treats so he would move away from the door/out from under car when they were leaving. Well, I'm not sure what they thought rewarding that sort of behaviour would turn out for them and our Roary...

Either way we have some dialogue going now and are fully understanding each others situation. They have blocked up their dog flap (it's no longer summer, so hopefully we can get this sorted over the colder months), they have said they won't feed them any more, let them in or reward them with any affection at all - this I hope will deter our guys from going around there terrorising them. We are now keeping them inside which isn't going down too well with the 3 year old, and letting them out only while we are home so that we can then keep them in when they return later in the day - they refuse to use the cat flap, so work in progress here. Also requested the neighbours let us know if they keep bothering them or bring them over if they get into theirs too often.

It's a pain, but a relief to know they aren't actually being "stolen" more like inadvertently befriended through ignorance and lack of communication on both parties.

Here's another picture of Roary in his favourite dirty spot in the shed...

yULCP77.jpg

aww so awesome and love his different coloured eyes :)

Caporegime
aww poor kitty he looks so cute and cuddly :D
I hope he gets well soon - at least you know its only outside wounds. :)
Thank you but there are some twists to the story and it does't paint Winston in the former brave and manly cat I hinted at :p:o:o:o . The claw was in fact his as my mum noticed a slight limp on his back paw and one is missing. Furthermore they have just seem him come back from the field of sheep behind the house, he scales a fence and has to jump over some barbed wire. Winston is lovely cat but bless him - he's a complete wuss and gets scared quite easily. We reckon a sheep chased him and he probably flew right through the barbed wire fence. His stitches are dissolving well and no sign of infection in his missing claw luckily. The vet thought he was 6 or 7 - go Winston! Such a numpty! But yes @Yrkoon - he's adorable. The only cat I have had who will sit on your lap if you put him on there, really chilled and docile when he's comfortable and loves a good play fight. It's just that postmen, builders, loud noises, soft noises and men in general scare him :p.

Back
Top Bottom