Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
lovely graphics in the game and good little touches like footprints left in mud and plants moving when you walk through them etc, its a shame about all the problems, I hope Rockstar are going to give out some dlc to make amends.
I seem to remember one of the Tomb Raider games had similar problems a few years ago

Associate
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

A few more for you. :)

Soldato
lovely graphics in the game and good little touches like footprints left in mud and plants moving when you walk through them etc, its a shame about all the problems, I hope Rockstar are going to give out some dlc to make amends.
I seem to remember one of the Tomb Raider games had similar problems a few years ago

They are giving out some Red dead online content as a gesture to anyone playing from launch or in the launch window.

Man of Honour
Nice shots @Bishie

One thing I get when I walk around St Denis, is the feeling that Rockstar could make a really good atmospheric Sherlock Holmes game, wandering the streets of St Denis there are so many places which would just fit so well into a 19th century Holmes scenario.

Caporegime
Nice shots @Bishie

One thing I get when I walk around St Denis, is the feeling that Rockstar could make a really good atmospheric Sherlock Holmes game, wandering the streets of St Denis there are so many places which would just fit so well into a 19th century Holmes scenario.
God yes, one thing I’ve always wanted is a proper Sherlock Holmes game. None of that stuff you see on steam for £1.99 or something, but a proper big publisher Holmes game, obviously set in Victorian London. Would be awesome.

Associate
I must be the only one but walking through certain parts of St.Denis to get a Carentan vibe from WW2.

Well I have to say this game has ran flawlessly for a week but I have had my first CTD.

Associate
Im still loving it but i've not had that 'goosebumps moment' yet that Read Dead 1 provided when you cross over into mexico for first time and that Jose Gonzalez track starts playing. It's a vastly superior game overall though.

Soldato
Tweaked my settings from the part 2 video last night and now generally at a constant 60fps at 3440x1440, did notice that after a while last night I was getting some 'rgb' squares appear on the right edge of my screen but they were only there whilst in game if I opened a menu etc they disappeared. Wonder if the latest patch has changed something.

Tried fishing and now got the hang of it it's ok but not something you can do whilst falling asleep like other games.

Soldato
In case anyone missed it!

Read the full statement here: https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1194669204802281476

I wasn't personally affected by these issues, but if I had been I don't think a couple of free in game items would have made it all okay with me, not that there is much more they can do at this stage really. I do think they should have been quicker to publicly acknowledge the problems though.

Anyway, back to enjoying the game. :)

Caporegime
They should be dishing out large scale % refunds to people who couldn't play for 'x' days. I know people will say it was only a couple of days, but the bottom line is the game should have been playable the date they said it was going to be available. If I pay good money to play on release date I expect to be able to play on release date.

The fact this happens all the time is no excuse and shouldn't be used as one. They obviously won't dish out monetary compensation though, instead they dish out online content.... which is useless for anyone not interested in playing online.

Our fault for preordering and expecting to have what was promised delivered I suppose.

Edit: Latest PC patch is available, 2.91GB.

Man of Honour
They should be dishing out large scale % refunds to people who couldn't play for 'x' days. I know people will say it was only a couple of days, but the bottom line is the game should have been playable the date they said it was going to be available. If I pay good money to play on release date I expect to be able to play on release date.

The fact this happens all the time is no excuse and shouldn't be used as one. They obviously won't dish out monetary compensation though, instead they dish out online content.... which is useless for anyone not interested in playing online.

Our fault for preordering and expecting to have what was promised delivered I suppose.

Edit: Latest PC patch is available, 2.91GB.

I think the differing views that players have about the severity of it boils down to what the individual player has become used to over the years, for example, almost every single MMO released has been a mess on day one (and often for the entire first week of release), with servers collapsing under the strain, servers being offline for hours and hours at a time, entire game functionalities just not working and so on and so on (everyone remembers the mess of things like World of Warcrafts early weeks where you couldn't log in for 10s of hours because of queues and when you did get in you kept falling through the world and you couldn't loot any bodies etc), its happened with almost every MMO release ever. So much so that its become quite a standard thing that you absolutely do not take a week off work for an MMO release because chances are you will barely be able to play anyway.

The upshot of that is that players who have a strong history of MMOing have quite a lot of tolerance/acceptance of things not running at release. Other players who are used to smooth launches generally in their game choices think differently of course and have better expectations. Like many things, rightly or wrongly, a players acceptance of it all boils down to what they have become used to.

Soldato
Although the game has so many realistic elements have any of you noticed the train is not quite right? Steam trains do not blow out a constant stream of smoke like a factory chimney, as a train pulls away the smoke should come in puffs which also gives the classic sound and beat of a steam engine

Man of Honour
God yes, one thing I’ve always wanted is a proper Sherlock Holmes game. None of that stuff you see on steam for £1.99 or something, but a proper big publisher Holmes game, obviously set in Victorian London. Would be awesome.

There was one that was reasonably good based on a modified version of the Quake 3 engine but I've forgotten the name now and it has largely slid into obscurity and wasn't well known in the first place.

EDIT: Can't see it in the official list of licensed games - the art style of them are completely different to what I remember.

Back
Top Bottom