Best Z390 boards

Soldato
Gigabyte or Asus.

If you want to overclock then Gigabyte have the very best VRM's when it comes to the Z390's, which should be your primary concern but their BIOS's aren't as user friendly as the likes of Asus.

My Aorus Pro-WiFi isn't the top of the range Z390 board, but has better VRM's for overclocking than Asus boards costing nearly twice as much.

Soldato
What are the best Z390 boards between say £200 - £400 with plenty of USB’s?

Cheers.

Aorus, hands down in terms of built quality. ASUS design is poor for the money- second in line would be MSI easily with ease of bios to match Asus.

Elite- Pro- Ultra all share the same VRM set up, just looks and features that make each model more expensive , then Master has better VRM design - handy if you want to do AVX Loads but over kill for gaming

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £471.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)

aorus/gigabyte is also UK RMA for their boards unlike the rest​

Soldato
Hmmm, I’m seeing a lot of people having multiple issues with these Aorus boards.

every board has there issues unfortunately. Hunt through Gigabyte, asus, MSI US forums and there's plenty. Design wise, Aorus are the best and can perform AVX 24/7 workloads without a sweat but Bios isn't as slick as ASUS/ASRock

They make that up by having the best UK Customer Service . MSI and Aorus really have regained ground on ASUS, though will be a good while before Gigabyte can retake being biggest mobo vendor back from asus (lost that around 2nd gen ROG products)

Man of Honour
The Aorus boards have come a long way since launch and as the bios matured the boards got better and better. I have the Pro (non wifi) and before the F9 bios it was impossible to get my memory to run at full speed and several others had the same problem. F9 came out and suddenly the memory would run at full speed and it was rock solid. My biggest gripe was that I have had Asus boards for many years and their bios layout is perfect, Gigabytes on the other hand is bloody awful and a nightmare to navigate. That was until F11 bios launched last week. The bios is now a more logical layout and you don't have to hunt around to find the next settings for your overclock as they are now all in the same place. It's not perfect but they are getting there. They could have stuck the bios mouse speed somewhere other than in the Boot settings though!! Overall it's a good looking and rock solid stable board now as long as you update to the latest bios. We have a owners thread here which started out as people frustrated with the bios and lack of stability to most of us being happy now. The prices haven't half shot up though. I only paid £156 for mine and also got £30 of Costa Coffee voucers thrown in. Admittedly it was on offer from another retailer but those offers seem to have dried up now and the prices have increased. If I was building a new pc right now I wouldn't touch Intel and would be getting a Ryzen 3700x with a X570 motherboard and 3600mhz C16 memory.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info guys, reason I ask now is my PC is having issues, minutes to get to Windows 10, and had some failures with blue screens, was hoping to upgrade next year when the next gen is out but might be forced into it early.

Anyone know when the next gen Intel chips and boards might be out?

Back
Top Bottom