*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Interesting, I thought I'd read somewhere that it had already passed PS1. Agree 100% that the PS2 is unlikely to be caught, it's some 50m units ahead and we're in the twilight of the PS4's lifespan.

Caporegime
There might be a PS4 super slim coming along early next year with reduced pricing. I don't know if the console has reached all potential customers in South America yet. I still see quite a few people on instagram with a PS3 because the PS4 is so expensive.

On August 26, 2019, Brazil received the news that Sony will cut the prices for PlayStation 4, PS4 Pro, PSVR, and its accessories. The consoles themselves will drop $200 BRL (about $48 USD), which means the regular PS4 has dropped from $2599 BRL to $2399 BRL (from $628 to $580). It still sounds crazy expensive to us, but this price drop puts the PS4 in a more affordable range for Brazilians.
Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/08/27/sony-no-longer-makes-brazil-ps4/#F5VjieFeh1xEAPsQ.99

Associate
My [Prey Edition] Pro has been getting proper loud over the last 4 months, previously I had cleaned it out, and replaced the thermal compound (even adding those Grizzly pads for the memory) - but it never lasted, and even in the pause menu on COD it was getting unbearable.

Started looking up the fan and heard the newer Pro has a 'Nidec' fan which some report is near silent - result! But prior to ordering one, I decided to strip the unit right down, for a proper clean - at which point I saw I already had a Nidec fan :( But pressed on and cleaned every inch of it, the worst being the fan itself - each blade had a decent layer of dust on them! Also a decent lump of dust in the heatsink too - which I air dusted and hoovered.

Back together and 3 hours of COD - the thing is now completely silent once again! Thank goodness :)
I upgraded the fan in my original PS4 to a Nidec fan a year ago, best mod ever, its a hell of a lot quieter even after 3+ hours of game play.

Associate
Currently have the old fat PS4 thinking about picking up a Pro if any good deals come about for Black Friday, is it worth it?

Also what games would anyone recommend? I'm currently playing Witcher 3 and completed RDR2 just after release on the current ps4.

Soldato
Was looking to bag a pro in the sales. Cheapest is still £300 with a game I dont want or already have. What I dont get is just the pro on its own is same price.

Struggling to see how they can still justify full rrp for the pro (outside of the 'sales' its been consistently £350) 3 years after release, particularly with ps5 likely on the horizon.

By comparison microsoft are knocking £150 of their rrp in the sale for a 1x with gears 5 and the 1x is a better console.

What am I missing?

Ah well - will carry on with my 1x and wait till ps5 is out.

Back
Top Bottom