Divorce

RxR

RxR

Soldato
I'm thinking that fair disclosure of commenter limitations applies to this thread.

As in:

'I've never been married, divorced, and / or have kids...but my opinion based on NO experience is...'

Associate
She tried to force you to see your children more...you threatened to reduce the contact from two to one nights a week?

Wow...you shouldnt have had kids.

Things get nasty in divorces unfortunately. Not a reflection on whether he should have been a parent, more a reflection of how he's equipped to deal with this current situation IMO.

My ex-wife is a great parent, but makes some terrible choices under this pressure that ultimately affects them.

Associate
She tried to force you to see your children more...you threatened to reduce the contact from two to one nights a week?

thats brutal and uncalled for.
thats not him saying hes happy to reduce contact with his children, thats him saying hes not going to allow his ex wife to get the better of him and take the mick by living the lifestyle her and her new partner wanted at his expense.

also this thread is absolutely brutal, i dont think i will be getting married anytime soon which is a plus, but even with my limited assets and what not, if we can go for a pre nup in the UK, I would.
Feel for everyone who has/is going through a divvorce/tough time with their partners.

Soldato
Wow this thread makes never want to get married even if women where interested in me :D

Anyways it has been a bug bare for me for a while the family and divorce courts screw the guy over hard.

@Lonewolf I wonder if you can identify as a woman and where a dress for a while to help stop them taking half your stuff.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wow this thread makes never want to get married even if women where interested in me :D

Anyways it has been a bug bare for me for a while the fam family and divorce courts screw the guy over hard.

@Lonewolf I wonder if you can identify as a woman and where a dress for a while to help stop them taking half your stuff.

One for the “words fail me” file?

Man of Honour
yer sorry I kinda type that quickly without looking

It’s quite possible that you may have something pertinent to say, that other posters would be interested to read.
If you made use of the “preview” facility, and checked your posts out, there’d be a lot more chance that your posts would be read, and better appreciated :)

Associate

I wouldn't have reduced contact. I just knew how much she cherished her child free days so the threat was enough.

Soldato
thats brutal and uncalled for.
thats not him saying hes happy to reduce contact with his children, thats him saying hes not going to allow his ex wife to get the better of him and take the mick by living the lifestyle her and her new partner wanted at his expense.
It's exactly him saying he wanted to reduce contact with his children. That's literally exactly what he said (happy having them 2 nights a week but reducing that down to 1).

To use kids as bargaining chips like that is pretty low.

Soldato
It’s quite possible that you may have something pertinent to say, that other posters would be interested to read.
If you made use of the “preview” facility, and checked your posts out, there’d be a lot more chance that your posts would be read, and better appreciated :)
I found his post both pertinent and interesting.

Man of Honour
I found his post both pertinent and interesting.

I’m glad that you did, I got the gist of it easily, but it would have made more sense, and made sense quicker, had it been written in easily understandable correctly spelled English.
I’m not an English major, I’m just a regular blue collar, working class guy, and I can do it, albeit with the occasional typo, so it’s not rocket science.

Permabanned
I’m glad that you did, I got the gist of it easily, but it would have made more sense, and made sense quicker, had it been written in easily understandable correctly spelled English.
I’m not an English major, I’m just a regular blue collar, working class guy, and I can do it, albeit with the occasional typo, so it’s not rocket science.

and a cheat so you cannot be that morally higher than him due to his poor typing skills...:)

RxR

RxR

Soldato
It could be worse like this guy...

He got off relatively easy. She didn't try to murder him and make off with everything and the kids.

Which abovementioned behaviour I am reliably informed the perpetrator has since tried to replicate upon an esteemed accountant (the next victim) after marrying him.

What gets rewarded gets repeated is a canon of behaviour law, even if the rewarded behaviour is a criminal act.

Last edited:
Soldato
If someone does get a divorce, what is the actual cut off date for them claiming money after the divorce. Surely theres a point in time when its settled, the other person is free to earn money and not have to split it any further. I'm told they have to sign a disclaimer and until they do all money is potentially up for 50% split even after a divorce, I guess this is because of kids that its so open but I'm not talking costs but lump sum concerns. Im not married or divorced myself, just all seems fairly bonkers. I think its Hawaii or somewhere if you get married there its fair more plainly just 50% of money during a marriage only.

Soldato

No need to be so passive aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom