tools from amazon black friday?

Soldato
ive never used amazon apart from this last month or so, ive also never taken notice of black Friday either, i just assumed its a good time for retailers to get rid of crap they don't want or overstocked. BUT, this year im interested in some new tools so wondering if anybody ever noticed or bought any decent tools at good prices during black Friday? the one brand i do expect to be on " sale " is IRWIN as they are always having offers/sales so expect to see them at black Friday also. i did try and google it but only really find tech related items that have been on offer

Soldato
OP
Go to Halfords. Buy their professional range or whatever they call them now.

/thread
i just did for a 5 pack of torx screwdrivers, and also do with other items i need but there are other brands id prefer for some items. also halfords don't sell some items i want.

With anything on Amazon make sure you check out camelcamelcamel first. Not all Black Friday Deals are "deals".

interesting ,ill add it to my bookmark cheers

Soldato
ive never used amazon apart from this last month or so, ive also never taken notice of black Friday either, i just assumed its a good time for retailers to get rid of crap they don't want or overstocked. BUT, this year im interested in some new tools so wondering if anybody ever noticed or bought any decent tools at good prices during black Friday? the one brand i do expect to be on " sale " is IRWIN as they are always having offers/sales so expect to see them at black Friday also. i did try and google it but only really find tech related items that have been on offer

Depends what tools you're after?

There can be some great deals on BF, and as NoobCannon said, Halfords normally have their Advanced Professional tools on a very good offer if you're after anything like spanners and ratchets.

If you're after power tools, it can just be potluck. I've seen some good deals on Ryobi/Bosch pop up before, but generally you just have to be looking at the right time.

Soldato
I'm looking for a drill and impact driver
as my bosch drill is melting away and on its last legs

hear dewalt and makita r good nowadays....

Soldato
Pretty much any of the top makes are fine for heavy DIY though. Ryobi are not bad, but if you plan to do some heavier jobs then they can struggle a bit and as the lower end Dewalt/Makita are so close in price, it's worth going for those imo. For light DIY i.e putting a shelf up once a year, just get the cheapest tools you can find as they all come with like 3 years warranty and theres no point paying for trade rated tools to sit in a shed for most of their life.

Theres often some good deals on the impact driver and drill combos for Dewalt, on ebay, especially if you buy during one of ebays 10% - 15% off deals. They could possibly have something similar on black friday. There are quite a few genuine Dewalt dealers on ebay, like Abbey tools, which I bought most of my kit from and it all went through fine for the 3 year warranty on Dewalts website.

Soldato
thanks hoping on black friyay that a drill and impact driver deal pops up :)

but also wondering if I should hold out and let my existing drill die...
it's burned a bit on the top and sometimes the drill bit does not rotate
I got it fixed by bosch before for that same reason but now it is out of warranty. so if its a really good deal like 100-£150 then I will go for it

Soldato
https://www.screwfix.com/c/tools/ki...t830712&powervoltagesupply=18_v&sort_by=price

Any of these will be fine for DIY use :)

Wait until black friday and compare prices, but in my experience, Black Friday mainly has the Bosch green drills on offer, which aren't much good, unless as Mark says, you just want something for shelves every now and again and aren't interested in a huge range of tools.

ie this is normally down to £40-£50
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cordless-Combi-Lithium-Ion-Batteries/dp/B00L3XK06C

Don't confuse this with the blue Bosch tools

Last edited:
Soldato
Wait until black friday and compare prices, but in my experience, Black Friday mainly has the Bosch green drills on offer, which aren't much good, unless as Mark says, you just want something for shelves every now and again.

I've been putting my Bosch green through the ringer the last couple of months since moving into a new home and doing a load of renovations, and it's not missed a beat. It's only ~6 months old, so early days yet. But i've still got a fair bit of work to do so will see how it manages.

Soldato
OP
its not black Friday but i did just pick up 2 tool boxes for £35, one of them was a snap on :D. i didn't want the snap on but knew id make a few quid so it sold straight away! just need more tools now to fill the one ive kept.

them tekton pliers look nice on amazon with the cross hatch teeth. the torx screw drivers i got from halfords seem good quality, says germany on them but not " made in germany " could they be made by wera? they have the wera green in the handles so who knows?

im hoping a Dremel comes up on sale on black Friday as there is so many times i could have used one

Soldato
I'm looking at trying to get a first fix and a second fix nail gun but they are really expensive for what they are. Also need a good sledgehammer, a power washer, post hole digger/auger, and a few other bits.

I'm looking for a drill and impact driver
as my bosch drill is melting away and on its last legs

hear dewalt and makita r good nowadays....

I purchased a Dewalt cordless brushless drill and impact driver set and the drill is great. decent batter with it too. Not used the impact driver yet as I need to find what bits it needs to use.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom