Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Soldato
Picked this up not expecting too much but it's surprisingly good with some serious Dark Souls influence (bonfire, respawning enemies, exploration). The first section feels very Uncharted-esque but with lightsabers (you get one very early so not really a spoiler).

Odd that the review embargo was in place as it ought to review pretty well if the rest of the game is as good as the first couple of hours.

Soldato
I played a couple of hours last night and yeah first bit was pretty much the train bit in uncharted.

I'm undecided about the combat and the backtracking over the map, but I had a feeling that might improve as you start to unlock new abilities etc.

Soldato
From what little I've read it has Metroidvania elements so yeah there will be a lot of backtracking to open up previously locked out areas. I so want this game but my backlog must come first!

Soldato
I have so many recently bought games to play, but I also really want this.

after watching Mandalorian last night, I'm ready for some star wars action.

Soldato
I've taken a punt which seems silly considering how bad I am at these type of games, however as it's SW I thought I'd try it, plus I kinda got it 'free' with my Nectar points.

I haz 4090!
Don
I forgot to add this to my boomerang list, and I'm tempted to just buy it because it looks so good. I never get like that with games nowadays :|

Soldato
OP
If you're not enjoying it at that point then I'd sell it on, I'm 10-12 hours in and the gameplay doesn't change much (you get new force abilities but the essential loop is the same).

Can recommend Death Stranding, it's weird, pretentious, repetitive but something I think everyone should try despite those things!

Associate
Yeh think I will trade it for death stranding gutted as I love anything star wars but this just never clicked with me.
I couldn't get on with Death Stranding, was more of a slog with walking from one end of the map to the other, really enjoying Fallen order atm but the combat can be frustrating especially when I was crap at Dark souls lol

Soldato
OP
The best bits of combat are taking out low-mid level stormtroopers, deflecting laser bolts, force pushing them off ledges, etc.

Sadly, the more powerful enemies are less fun, the combat tries to be like Dark Souls but it's not really close to that level as you get further in. Fighting groups of melee enemies becomes a slightly frustrating mess, fighting the camera and dealing with multiple unblockable attacks.

The puzzle elements are fairly well done, the Star Wars atmosphere is great despite the graphics varying from great (opening section) to rough (the wookie models are pretty bad) and performance is surprisingly jerky on my XB1X.

I think it's worth picking up still if you like/love Star Wars but probably feel now that most reviews might be a bit on the generous side.

Soldato
Surprised more folk aren't playing this.

Combat gets better the more you get into it however the story, music, visuals and overall game play is great.

Must have for Star Wars fans

Soldato
Starting to enjoy it after 10 hours in.

As Others have said, it’s no fun at higher difficult levels as I find the combat mechanics fairly buggy as well as the camera not always right.

Soldato
OP
I'm 15 or so hours in and the game could really use fast travel between the meditation points, you get shortcuts in this game but there is still an inordinate amount of back-tracking because you can only ever start a level from the landing pad.

At the moment, my fix is to put the difficulty to easiest and enjoy being an OP jedi until I get to the place I need to be.

Associate
Picked this up on Saturday, I have never played any of the Souls games, to which this has been likened in part. So a break from the normal type of games I play.
Really enjoying it and loving the SW Lore realisation. I started the game on Jedi Master and had to drop it down.

Had a few technical problems with the game though on my XoneX. Early on had a clipping issues which catapulted me up onto a mountain one one of the timed jumping parts of the game.

I have just hit Kashyyyk and had a fight with an elite hunter type. That was very very stuttery/twithcy experience for me. I'm running the game off a half full external crucial 1TB SSD.
I'm finding when I pan the camera quickly it hitches and can freeze for a millisecond (has got worse on Kashyyyk). Definitely doesn't feel smooth, so decided to put it down until a patch arrives. I did read something on reddit about turning off Share Usage, that may help. Will give that a pop. Otherwise game will be on hold sadly.

B

Back
Top Bottom