• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ongoing problems with 5700XT

Associate
Hey all,

As the title suggests, I'm having some rather annoying issues with my 5700XT that I've had for around a month and a half.

It's causing some really annoying stability problems, and the number of BSODs has gone up quite a lot(1 every other day? Rarely the same error code)

The issues are very prevalent when playing R6 Siege, when minimizing the game makes both on my monitors go black, even though the pc is running fine in the background. I have to turn my monitors off and on to make them pick the signal back up.

I've got a 550W Seasonic Focus gold PSU, which I was told, although it doesn't meet the minimum reqs, should be fine to run the GPU. I've tried underclocking/undervolting to a variety of different settings that have been suggested to me, but all of them eventually hit a bsod when gaming.

Is it time for an upgraded PSU? I've used DDU on safe mod and still have the issues :(

Any guidance will be helpful :)

Cheers

Associate
OP
Current Specs (Not including PSU mentioend above):

R7 2700
X470 Ultra Gaming
8pack TeamGroup 3200mhz 16gb

This is after all the things you've recommended in my other threat about 58700xt vs 2060 Super, Panos.
Not sure what else to do now! :(

Associate
Are you using two separate cables to power the GPU or are you Daisy chaining. If you doing the latter that might be your issue.

Associate
OP
Are you using two separate cables to power the GPU or are you Daisy chaining. If you doing the latter that might be your issue.

It's just the one cable coming out of my PSU, splitting into a 4pin and a 6pin (or whatever it is, not at my PC right no to be able to check haha)

Associate
OP
Then you are daisy-chaining. Try two separate cables should improve the power delivery to the card.
Okay, so it turns out I'll need to buy one. Think I need a 6+2 each end? Then 8 can go in the PSU and 6 in GPU. Does that sound correct?

PSU says it comes with two 8/4 pcie cables but can't find the other one anywhere..

Associate
OP
Finally going a BeQuiet one on the big rainforest in South America. Presume that'll work on Seasonic. Hopefully this solves my stability issues!

Associate
OP
Finally going a BeQuiet one on the big rainforest in South America. Presume that'll work on Seasonic. Hopefully this solves my stability issues!

So I was advised that using beQuiet cables on Seasonic wasn't a good idea, so I've cancelled that order. Only problem is, I now have no idea where to get Seasonic cables from!

Back
Top Bottom