MINI Cooper s GP 2006 edition? Or facelift 2013 GP edition?

Soldato
Oh mate you're not getting it. The GPs ALL had identical fonted roof numbers - this is how they were supplied in 2012/13. They were not added by owners! Very unlikely 500 UK owners went out to get exactly the same roof stickers lol. I think you guys here have got your fact wrong.

No mate - you have yours wrong. The cars didn’t come with a roof number from the factory. Only in America. Any numbers on the car in the UK market were added at a later date. They were not part of the launch specification and they did not leave the factory with them. Even in the USA they were applied by the dealers.

I’m not trying to be funny, I’m just trying to point out the facts. I know these cars, I’ve had two GP1’s.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2013/02/02/us-jcw-gps-to-receive-roof-numbers-like-the-original/

Caporegime
Oh I get what you are saying. But what I say stands - superchargers are parasitic on engines.

I never argued that so not really sure what you're trying to point out.

A supercharger is no less harmful than a turbo on an engine either. You are forcing air through a chamber whether it's 21psi through a turbo or super charger it makes no difference to the engine. It will just be the supercharger will make a little less power but have better throttle response instead.

Associate
No mate - you have yours wrong. The cars didn’t come with a roof number from the factory. Only in America. Any numbers on the car in the UK market were added at a later date. They were not part of the launch specification and they did not leave the factory with them. Even in the USA they were applied by the dealers.

I’m not trying to be funny, I’m just trying to point out the facts. I know these cars, I’ve had two GP1’s.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2013/02/02/us-jcw-gps-to-receive-roof-numbers-like-the-original/

Right, so the roof numbers were added by the dealers in the US and are valid and legitimate? But the roof numbers also were added by the dealers in the UK but they are not valid, or legitimate? The numbers had to be added by dealers in the UK because they are all the same. Regardless of when they were added, in the UK they were sold with these roof numbers which were then registered/noted/confirmed/agreed/legitimised with BMW MINI. The only difference between GP1 and GP2 with regard to numbering was that the GP1 had the little plate inside, right? I'm not trying to be funny either and I don't need to have had 2 GP2's to make a point.

Associate
I never argued that so not really sure what you're trying to point out.

A supercharger is no less harmful than a turbo on an engine either. You are forcing air through a chamber whether it's 21psi through a turbo or super charger it makes no difference to the engine. It will just be the supercharger will make a little less power but have better throttle response instead.

The words 'parasite' 'parasitic' are not ones that exudes 'goodness' right? So the use of the word when used in connection with superchargers cannot mean it is a good thing. In fact it means quite the opposite. I have never heard the word used in connection with turbos. I was merely acknowledging what you said but pointing out that none of it had anything to do with what I originally said. I have to say, I am not a mechanic, and am quoting from motoring magazines, reviews etc etc.

Caporegime
The words 'parasite' 'parasitic' are not ones that exudes 'goodness' right? So the use of the word when used in connection with superchargers cannot mean it is a good thing. In fact it means quite the opposite. I have never heard the word used in connection with turbos. I was merely acknowledging what you said but pointing out that none of it had anything to do with what I originally said. I have to say, I am not a mechanic, and am quoting from motoring magazines, reviews etc etc.

Turbo are technically parasitic as well because the route outside the exhaust ports is not the best for combustion when compared to N/A but it doesn't really matter as that big fat snail just sucks all that goodness in.

Soldato
Right, so the roof numbers were added by the dealers in the US and are valid and legitimate? But the roof numbers also were added by the dealers in the UK but they are not valid, or legitimate? The numbers had to be added by dealers in the UK because they are all the same. Regardless of when they were added, in the UK they were sold with these roof numbers which were then registered/noted/confirmed/agreed/legitimised with BMW MINI. The only difference between GP1 and GP2 with regard to numbering was that the GP1 had the little plate inside, right? I'm not trying to be funny either and I don't need to have had 2 GP2's to make a point.

You seem confused. I’ve tried to make it clear for you. The roof numbers in the UK were not part of the specification. They were not sold with roof numbers in the UK. Try and order a replacement roof number decal. There is no such part number. Go look at all the GP2’s for sale on autotrader. *Most* of them don’t have roof numbers, why? Because they never came with them from the factory.

If you have a car with roof numbers on it that’s because lots of people had them made up in the same style as the GP1 and added them at a later date. They phoned MINI UK and asked them what production car theirs was from the VIN. That’s no different than me phoning Ford and asking them what number a fiesta was out of it’s annual production.

But they weren’t numbered cars like the GP1 was from factory. It’s a very different thing.

In the USA the numbers were indicative of the *US allocation* not the global allocation which meant they were not wholly accurate.

Soldato
Oh mate you're not getting it. The GPs ALL had identical fonted roof numbers - this is how they were supplied in 2012/13. They were not added by owners! Very unlikely 500 UK owners went out to get exactly the same roof stickers lol. I think you guys here have got your fact wrong.

Lol I'm confused....

Soldato
This

This

mjt

mjt

Soldato
What about those plastic plate things on the bumpers with numbers and letters on? Did those come from the factory on the GP2 or only in the USA?

Soldato

it’s a simple term for drag load, problem overlooked is the turbo engine has a blockage in the exhaust unlike a supercharger! So although although manifold pressure is similar the pressure different between intake and exhaust is far more favourable on a supercharged car.

Associate
Number plates. I was being facetious.

Not sure why someone would necro a thread and then proceed to argue with everyone about an issue on which he is clearly mistaken.

I went out to look at my bumper!

This is a forum - its for discussion right? I'm not arguing, I'm clarifying. I mean... its a forum right? Or do I have that wrong as well?

Back
Top Bottom