US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
They did a perfect job imho. It's supposed to be like that. This is what's wrong with the new star wars movies. They are too 21st century. They absolutely got the look spot on.

As mentioned in my other post - the Ep4-5-6 OT films did the same creature effects way better than the 1st TV episode did, so I'm guessing there's either a TV budget issue or (worst case) a lack of skill today due to CGI reliance which prevented these modern puppets looking as good as the ones from 30-40 years ago.

Soldato
OK, i'm racist, i thought it was Lando in the bar giving the bounty jobs :(

It also confused me as i thought The Mandalorian was not set in the future due to 'Lando's age and the talk of there being no Empire! Which also confused me more as we had a baby Yoda - i thought that may be decendant of Yoda.

Google set me straight, but a wild ride!!

Associate
while I'm enjoying watching this so far, I am a little disappointed in the fact that each episode so far are not hour long episodes. including opening and closing credits episode 1 is 38 minutes long and episode 2 is 30 minutes long.

Soldato
The episodes are a little short but I've enjoyed both.

Having literally just returned from the US I can say that I enjoyed the second episode more than the first in some respects, the characters are growing on me and it was fun seeing the Jawa's being absolute gits.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Watched second episode today. Enjoyed today episode more than first episode..

And good old Jawa's doing what they do best :D

Soldato
Part way through the first episode, I laughed at the guy in the landspeeder as I'm sure it's Burt from big bang theory. When is it set, after the original trilogy?

Soldato
Watched second episode, pretty good! Enjoyed more than the first. This has real promise. Episodes could do with being longer though.

Totally different vibe to the dire films. Actually feels like the star wars universe.

Caporegime
I Love it.

The Ugnaught dude was ridiculously generous, I really thought he was gonna join his crew and that would be the format of the show. A little crew slowly growing over the season.

And to think we got episode 9 in a month.... How could they have got that new trilogy so, so wrong?

Back
Top Bottom