Contaminated petrol courtesy of Tesco

Soldato
What's the point? It's a diesel, it doesn't work like the octane differences with petrol. Half the point is that it reduces fuel spend. I think a lot of these differences are probably a bit snake oil.
Like I said it must run cleaner my DPF doesn't clog up anywhere near as fast. I get about 6 months between regens Vs every month on plain diesel.

Soldato
OP
Ask HONDA to put in writing that it was 100% contaminated fuel as your going to sue TESCO..

Bet they wont...
I just got off of the phone with them briefly and they said its 100% the fuel that was the problem and they have a fuel sample for us and a detailed report I can hand over to Tesco.

Soldato
I just got off of the phone with them briefly and they said its 100% the fuel that was the problem and they have a fuel sample for us and a detailed report I can hand over to Tesco.
Hah,
I bet it says:

"fuel was contaminated, caused problems with the fuel system, here's a fuel sample so you can test it".

Soldato
What's the point? It's a diesel, it doesn't work like the octane differences with petrol. Half the point is that it reduces fuel spend. I think a lot of these differences are probably a bit snake oil.

Makes enough of a difference to me in terms of smoothness and power, particularly at lower revs to warrant the difference. We’re firmly in subjective territory and this can be and has been debated endlessly, so I’m just going to advise people to make their own decision.

If you can’t tell a difference, then don’t pay extra. The additional ~£10/month for me is hardly going to break the bank and isn’t really significant in purchasing/running costs.

Associate
With this weather, it is most likely to be water contamination if any type of contamination at all and if it was that would cause these symptoms.
Last time there was a major fuel contamination at TESCO, they covered it up for a week.
It's worth asking them but unless multiple customers are breaking down right after filling up, I doubt they will admit it.
It was the AA/RAC stats that exposed the last cover-up to the media.

Caporegime
Completely wrong. The benefit is cleaning and stopping the injectors getting dirty. Better combustion too means less dpf loading

Soldato
Completely wrong. The benefit is cleaning and stopping the injectors getting dirty. Better combustion too means less dpf loading
Definitely, on mine with the laptop plugged in you can see the DPF load in percent passion fuel it goes up quickly at about 75% it will start active regens.
With premium fuel I can go 6 months before it will reach the required load.

Soldato
Definitely, on mine with the laptop plugged in you can see the DPF load in percent passion fuel it goes up quickly at about 75% it will start active regens.
With premium fuel I can go 6 months before it will reach the required load.
What software you using?

Caporegime
100% this - I'd be amazed if there is such report/chemical report to confirm this. I think they are just "guessing".

A garage will not have access to this. Sample will need sending off and examining and would more than likely take at least a week for results. More than likely hooked it up to a computer and replaced some parts linked to the fuel system.

Soldato
Ah I use ForScan lite on android.
What cable you using to communicate between PC and Windows version of ForScan?
Just a standard ELM cable with the switch for Ford's.
You get the live guages up with DPF load, plotted it once a week over a few tank fills to see the difference.

Soldato
A garage will not have access to this. Sample will need sending off and examining and would more than likely take at least a week for results. More than likely hooked it up to a computer and replaced some parts linked to the fuel system.
In fairness, the OP hasn't really detailed a time line, he could have encountered the issue three weeks ago :p

Back
Top Bottom