*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I'm glad they adopted the random encounters being visible from lets go.

Yeah, that was my most wanted feature. One thing I've never really liked about Pokemon games is repetitive random encounters with Pokemon you have no intention of catching. Some areas would take ages to complete, solely because you're having to fight a couple of dozen under-leveled Diglet or Ghastly.

Caporegime
Some decent discounts in the current Eshop sale.

I got:
Flashback - £5.39
Mario Rabids - £11.09
Rogue Legacy - £3.73
Rayman - £8.99

Other tasty discounts are Trials - £9.99 and AC3 remastered - £14.99

Soldato
There are some good discounts on there. I'm a bit burnt out on rogue likes/lites but that's a deep discount on Rogue Legacy so I might bite. I already own a lot of the other titles worth having. Mario+Rabbids is a steal at that price.

Soldato
Some decent discounts in the current Eshop sale.

I got:
Flashback - £5.39
Mario Rabids - £11.09
Rogue Legacy - £3.73
Rayman - £8.99

Other tasty discounts are Trials - £9.99 and AC3 remastered - £14.99

Tempted by Mario rapids, don't own a switch yet though, not till Christmas.

Soldato
In the sale at the start of the month I bought Steamworld Dig. What a little gem that game is! Only took my 9 hours to complete, but really enjoyed that time, and it only cost me a couple of quid.
This is a massive blast from the past - but does anyone remember Mr Driller? It's like a tactical slower paced version of that.

I assume Steamworld Dig 2 is more of the same, and worth buying when it's next on sale too?

In the meantime, I am playing (and also really enjoying) Rayman. Funny thing, I've never been a platform game fan, but the Switch seems to be turning me a little.

Soldato
Steamworld Dig 2 is bigger and better than the first. I loved them both and 2 is definitely the better one. Keep an eye out for Steamworld Heist as well - a different type of game to the others but it's very, very good.

Soldato
So I've heard. But I've for enough of a back log for the moment that I'm just going to wait.

The next one might include the first one for free, so might wait for that tbh

Man of Honour
Some thoughts on recent purchases.

Ms. Nitefly has bought herself the new pokies and it looks fun if not the same as ever. I thought the ‘let’s go’ games were so much better in respect of deleted ‘random encounters’ so I’m pleased that has been duplicated here. The game doesn’t seem to have camera controls though? I find that really odd! Fixed camera in a 3D game open world game?! Retro.

I’ve been playing Luigi’s mansion. The actual gameplay tends to be pretty naff and dumb tbh, just suck up everything and then use your ~6 moves to solve some puzzles to get gems. Although that said I was raging on one puzzle until I remembered that stupid bounce up in the air move which is otherwise pretty useless... I’m such a toddler :p However I love the aesthetics and the theming etc. Soft horror and spooky are things which are right up my street and I think that is what carries the game more than anything else.

Have put the game down for a bit now as the hotel has suddenly turned into a ‘medieval / knight’ area which is completely away from the consistent haunted hotel theme... a bit disappointing.

Oh, and for those playing Luigi’s mansion, pressing the two shoulder buttons will get the dark light going... you don’t have to press Y. I was playing for ages with holding down y and moving the joysticks at the same time... horrible! Glad I checked the controls menu in game :p

Soldato
I have just done the starting encounter in Pokemon so far, took an hour just to get to the first town according to the game. I can’t see the whole thing taking just 14 hours of you properly explore and attempt to catch a variety of Pokemon. I’m sure you could blast through it in 10 if you just skipped everything and went for the gyms but that really isn’t the point.

As @Nitefly said it’s very Pokemon, all good so far. I went for the grass type to start.

Man of Honour

Ms. Nitefly has bought herself the new pokies and it looks fun if not the same as ever. I thought the ‘let’s go’ games were so much better in respect of deleted ‘random encounters’ so I’m pleased that has been duplicated here. The game doesn’t seem to have camera controls though? I find that really odd! Fixed camera in a 3D game open world game?! Retro.

I’ve been playing Luigi’s mansion. The actual gameplay tends to be pretty naff and dumb tbh, just suck up everything and then use your ~6 moves to solve some puzzles to get gems. Although that said I was raging on one puzzle until I remembered that stupid bounce up in the air move which is otherwise pretty useless... I’m such a toddler :p However I love the aesthetics and the theming etc. Soft horror and spooky are things which are right up my street and I think that is what carries the game more than anything else.

Have put the game down for a bit now as the hotel has suddenly turned into a ‘medieval / knight’ area which is completely away from the consistent haunted hotel theme... a bit disappointing.

Oh, and for those playing Luigi’s mansion, pressing the two shoulder buttons will get the dark light going... you don’t have to press Y. I was playing for ages with holding down y and moving the joysticks at the same time... horrible! Glad I checked the controls menu in game :p
Why are you not playing Luigi's Mansion in coop?

Soldato

Great tip, thanks. I'll use that if I continue. I've reached that area too and feel a bit meh on the game in general. It's fine, and looks great but it's not exactly holding my attention unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom