Red Dead Redemption 2

Man of Honour
Swapped back to DX12 and the blurriness is gone. Lost a few fps for not being on vulkan but I can live with that.

Also just noticed that I've just got my free bounty hunter licence so thats saved 15 gold bars

Soldato
What annoys me is that static scenes look lovely & sharp but as soon as I start moving it blurs. I think it's TAA... but TAA off is shimmer city. I can fix it using the resolution slider but I don't want to play at the reduced framerate:/

The game does look nice especially when the weather rolls in but this smearing really annoys me (I noticed it before th patch as well).

I turned up nvidia sharpening for RDR2, using the control panel. Made a world of different. Everything looked a bit soft before but not looks great. https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...-image-sharpening-in-the-nvidia-control-panel

Associate
Swapped back to DX12 and the blurriness is gone. Lost a few fps for not being on vulkan but I can live with that.

Also just noticed that I've just got my free bounty hunter licence so thats saved 15 gold bars

Really..? I was on DX12 earlier & had two crashes so swapped back to vulkan.. :rolleyes:

I'll have to test again later. Also using AMD ris..

Soldato
The one thing I havent been able to correct since the patch is the blurriness. I didnt blur/vaseline before the patch but with my original settings I just cant seem to get rid of the blur now.

I've been playing with default settings both before and after the patch and now have horrible blur that I didn't have before.

Edit - oh actually, just bothered to check my settings and most stuff is set to low after the patch, no wonder it looks so bad. I know people mentioned settings being reset but assumed I'd still have the default settings I had before!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok. I'm losing patience with the disconnections at the moment.

My lad and I have been trying for an hour to connect so we can play together (the whole reason I bought this game in the first place...), but we just can't do it.

I can see his name under friends in players, but everytime I try to connect I get the error "unable to join. Failed to retrieve session details." I then invariably get disconnected myself soon after "due to a fault on Rockstar game services."

Actually, I can only connect about one attempt in three or four because most attempts get the "fault on Rockstar game services" disconnect error.

My son tried forming a posse and inviting me, but I didn't see any notifications of this.

I haven't found online connection so difficult in any game I can remember. Is anyone else having trouble with this? Is there some secret to getting it to work? I see many issues about this when Googling, but they're all for consoles.

This is a very frustrating experience so far.

Man of Honour
Ok. I'm losing patience with the disconnections at the moment.

My lad and I have been trying for an hour to connect so we can play together (the whole reason I bought this game in the first place...), but we just can't do it.

I can see his name under friends in players, but everytime I try to connect I get the error "unable to join. Failed to retrieve session details." I then invariably get disconnected myself soon after "due to a fault on Rockstar game services."

Actually, I can only connect about one attempt in three or four because most attempts get the "fault on Rockstar game services" disconnect error.

My son tried forming a posse and inviting me, but I didn't see any notifications of this.

I haven't found online connection so difficult in any game I can remember. Is anyone else having trouble with this? Is there some secret to getting it to work? I see many issues about this when Googling, but they're all for consoles.

This is a very frustrating experience so far.

Nope, not having those issues, the missus and I play online all the time , over 80 hours played so far. We were having disconnects early on but those appear to have been remedied in the patches

Man of Honour
One thing I really dont like are the bounty missions being timed, makes no sense to me and does actually make some of them nigh on impossible to complete in time

Soldato
There’s also a fence just outside Rhodes but I prefer the Emerald Ranch because of doggo.

Can you buy / own a property in this? Somewhere to relax after a day of gunslinging.
Sadly there isn’t except for your group camp for the most part. You do get property at some point in the late game. I preferred being a loner and camping in the wilderness.

Last edited:
Associate
If anyone is short on money:

There's a gold bar stashed away at the burned-out town located along the Dakota River, just south of Valentine. It can be found in the Sheriff’s Station, and is worth $500, but can only be sold to a fence.

Credit to @Vidar for the tip!

Soldato
Wondering if others have this still after the last update, when first starting the game ?

bvpPVOL.jpg

Have to wait 5-10 seconds, clicking to Online and then back to Story don't fix it either, all one can do is to wait until it gets white again. :(

And incase anyone having crashes, go into the Games Settings in the Launcher, and then Verify Game File Integrity (if you not already tried that). That solved my crashes I been having while benching anyway. For a while barely managed to do one run before it crashed, now managed three in a row so the 'updates' it made seems to have solved it.

The updates it made was: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.23.27820 and Microsoft DirectX. Which, it did not install for some reason when I downloaded and installed the game when it come out. Reason I know that is because Win10 asked me if I wanted to do those changes now and had to click yes, which never happened when first installing the game (for me at least).

So I am guessing that what ever update they did the other day needed those two, since I never had a crash before the update, that be in game or when benching. :confused:

Soldato
Wondering if others have this still after the last update, when first starting the game ?

bvpPVOL.jpg

Have to wait 5-10 seconds, clicking to Online and then back to Story don't fix it either, all one can do is to wait until it gets white again. :(

And incase anyone having crashes, go into the Games Settings in the Launcher, and then Verify Game File Integrity (if you not already tried that). That solved my crashes I been having while benching anyway. For a while barely managed to do one run before it crashed, now managed three in a row so the 'updates' it made seems to have solved it.

The updates it made was: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.23.27820 and Microsoft DirectX. Which, it did not install for some reason when I downloaded and installed the game when it come out. Reason I know that is because Win10 asked me if I wanted to do those changes now and had to click yes, which never happened when first installing the game (for me at least).

So I am guessing that what ever update they did the other day needed those two, since I never had a crash before the update, that be in game or when benching. :confused:

I also get this

Back
Top Bottom