• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 9 3950X review thread

Soldato
I'm not going to kid myself any longer, I'm just going to outright say it. I'm going to get one lol
There is done now, I won't have to lie to myself anymore:D
Ahhhhh that feels good
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Anyone else want to come clean? it feels so much better lol

Trust me, as soon as I am back to England next few weeks 3950X would be the second item I will put in the basket after the monitor :D
(I am not moving back the 2730Z from Greece, it would remain on my house there).

And even worse, I have to gift the 3900X to my brother as promised :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Trust me, as soon as I am back to England next few weeks 3950X would be the second item I will put in the basket after the monitor :D
(I am not moving back the 2730Z from Greece, it would remain on my house there).

And even worse, I have to gift the 3900X to my brother as promised :D

Wrap it up in Xmas paper first and tell him early xmas present. Bah Humbug! I'm noticing Xmas starts in November now.

Associate
From Anand review linked in the op.

'WebXPRT 3: Modern Real-World Web Tasks, including AI
The company behind the XPRT test suites, Principled Technologies, has recently released the latest web-test, and rather than attach a year to the name have just called it ‘3’. This latest test (as we started the suite) has built upon and developed the ethos of previous tests: user interaction, office compute, graph generation, list sorting, HTML5, image manipulation, and even goes as far as some AI testing."

Soldato
This is terrible thread, stop the precious. MUST NOT BUY PRECIOUS.

I was waiting for threadripper but starting at 24 cores and £1400ish its hard for me to justify the price, but really need the m.2 slots and extra pcie.

i am very tempted with 3950x.

Associate
I have to have the 3950x. I'm already in massive overkill territory with my Asrock Aqua motherboard, so putting anything other than a 3950x in it just seems like a waste. :p

Soldato
I have to have the 3950x. I'm already in massive overkill territory with my Asrock Aqua motherboard, so putting anything other than a 3950x in it just seems like a waste. :p

As that MOBO is a limited run, it is only right you treat it as so and whack in a 3950X. I'd be interested to see any benches with this CPU in that premium MOBO when you get it.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Anyone else want to come clean? it feels so much better lol

I keep telling myself I'm not going to buy a 3970x because it has **** boost clocks and requiring a mobo upgrade is stupid, but I know I'm weak.

Back
Top Bottom